List Only! Last Star Trek Episode You Watched

Discussion in 'General Trek Discussion' started by Kes2370, Jul 10, 2011.

1. BillJ

BillJ The King of Kings Premium Member

You mean like when you're possibly about to be in the front lines of a war with little time to prepare?

Picard didn't coddle Riker in "Encounter at Farpoint", he was stern and demanded the manual re-coupling of the saucer and stardrive sections. Picard didn't have time to inspire Riker, he had a ticking clock and needed it done. The whole idea that Jellico is a bad commanding officer is based off a very small set of data, during a time of crisis. The crew should've realized that they were in a time of crisis and acted like the best-of-the-best professionals they think they are.

I bet if Riker walked out of that office, thought it was a bad idea to manually recouple and waited several hours to tell Picard, he would've been bounced back to the Hood as fast as Picard could say "Energize".

2. Kor

Kor Fleet Admiral Admiral

The season 1 finale of STD.

Kor

3. Garth Rockett

Garth Rockett Commodore Commodore

They had enough time for him to say "This is why we are doing this." It's not like they were minutes, or even hours, away from combat. Like I said, he wasn't self-confident enough to deal with any pushback.

There was no ticking clock with manual re-coupling of saucer and stardrive sections in "Encounter at Farpoint." Picard clearly just wanted to see if Riker could handle it. And in "The Icarus Factor," Picard basically admitted his own response to Riker's performance wasn't that great.

4. The Old Mixer

The Old Mixer Mih ssim, mih ssim, nam, daed si Xim. Moderator

That's a pretty harsh assessment of Data.

BillJ likes this.
  5. MAGolding

MAGolding Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Today "Way to Eden" on H&I.

As always, I wonder about the method of detecting the planet Eden, which apparently can not be detected directly at the distance of the other side of the Neutral Zone. The method of calculating the positions of unseen planets from the gravitational perturbations of known objects has been used to detect three planets in our solar system, Neptune, Pluto, and Vulcan - though it was actually accurate only for Neptune - and has been used to suggest the existence of Planet X.

But that method is used only at interplanetary distances, not interstellar distances which are tens of thousands or millions of times greater even for close star systems. Thus I assume that Federation starships have remotely scanned many star systems on the Romulan side of the Neutral Zone and have detected many large gas giant planets in those systems, but not smaller Earth sized planets. Spock and Chekov must have analyzed records of the orbits of those large gas giant planets in those systems to check for perturbations caused by smaller planets, and found one Earth sized planet in the habitable zone of its star that must be the planet Eden, reported from the time of the Romulan War, I guess.

And yesterday I watched "Requiem for Methuselah" and "1101001" on H&I.

I wonder why Kirk didn't send other landing parties to distant parts of the planet to search for Ryetalyn. He seemed to put all his eggs in one basket/landing party.

I noticed that McCoy checked for Rayna's pulse when she collapsed, and Flint said: "You can't die".

Dying is ceasing to live. Rayna is an android. Rayna didn't live in the sense of having biological functions, therefore she couldn't die in the sense of ceasing to have biological functions.

So maybe this was all part of Flint's plan to stimulate Rayna's emotions. Maybe Flint reactivated Rayna once the others left. I never believed that leaving the complex fields of Earth would cause Flint to age and die. If leaving Earth could do that to immortal Flint with his super healing abilities, it should have also caused millions of ordinary Earth colonists to die on other worlds. So Flint probably faked the tricorder readings.

I wonder if Flint somehow arranged for the outbreak of Rigelian fever on the Enterprise as part of his plan. And I think that Flint probably gave Kirk a love potion somehow, so that Kirk would stimulate Rayna's emotions. That would make Kirk's behavior a lot more justified.

I wonder if Flint somehow has some sort of access to highly advanced alien technology, perhaps acquired from Kulkulkan, or the Greek Gods, or the Platonians when they were on Earth, to do what he does.

And I always like to try to figure out the layout of the room where Flint entertained Kirk, Spock, and McCoy.

If Flint married a hundred times, either he was sterile or he had a bunch of children over the millennia from his various marriages. When one of Flint's wives died of old age, their children, if any, would probably be adults and able to take care of themselves, and Flint might possibly have given them land or money to support them before faking his death and leaving. But a lot of Flint's wives would have died young in medieval or ancient times. And Flint could have taken care of them until they were adults and then move on.

Or maybe Flint was a serial deadbeat dad, abandoning his children whenever his wife died. Or maybe Flint couldn't have children.

In "1101001", when the Enterprise was at the planet Bynaus, Picard tapped his combadge and called:

And got in touch with Commander Quinteros and Data at Starbase 74 - which was in a different solar system. How far could the Enterprise travel in the short time that Picard and Riker were distracted by Minuet, and how far did Starbase 74 have to be from Bynaus to be safe from a supernova in the Bynaus system?

So did Picard's combadge have the power to communicate over interstellar distances, or did the Enterprise''s subspace radio amplify the combadge's signals to reach Starbase 74?

I have to wonder why there is a planet Bynaus left at all if a star in the Bynar system went nova. Why were the Bynars worried about an electromagnetic pulse knocking out their main computer instead of their planet Bynaus being vaporized by the supernova?

And considering how rare supernovae are, it is surprising that Picard and Ricker didn't guess that it must have something to do with "the supernova predicted to explode soon in the Bynar system".

6. Captain Rob

Captain Rob Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

DS9 "The Circle" on H&I.
    Odd that when Kira hears weaponsfire near the monastery that she decides to ignore it and doesn't immediately go investigate.

7. BlueStuff

BlueStuff Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

DS9 - Far Beyond the Stars

8. Garth Rockett

Garth Rockett Commodore Commodore

I stand by it, at least as to how he is portrayed in that two-parter.

9. Stephen!

Stephen! Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

"Displaced" (Voyager)

10. Captain Rob

DS9 "The Seige" on H&I.
    The Circle is defeated and Benjamin gets his station back.
    ENT "North Star" on H&I.
    They keep saying that it's been 250 years since the Humans were abducted from Earth. Aren't they off by about 40 to 50 years? Plus the aliens' ship remains seem way too small to be able to carry a significant number of captives and crew.

Friday night:
    DS9 "Invasive Procedures" on H&I.
    the entire Trill 'stomach pouch' thing for the symbionts looks really cheesy.
    Kira gets laid out by a prostitute? WTF?
    ENT "Similitude" on H&I.
    The whole discovery that Humans have genetic memory is ridiculous. So each man's sperm cell contains his entire memory up until that point? As well as his genetic code? That's the only way it could be transferred. Big Oops.

Last edited: Apr 28, 2018
  11. Joanna McCoy-Kirk

Joanna McCoy-Kirk Commodore Commodore

Requiem for Methuselah (TOS Blu-ray)

12. Trevellian

Trevellian Lieutenant Junior Grade Red Shirt

TOS “Space Seed” as part of my ongoing TOS rewatch along with the www.rachelwatchesstartrek.com podcast. Been a while since I watched Ricardo Montalban in this one - it’s easy to forget how strong some of the guest star actor performances were in TOS.

13. suarezguy

suarezguy Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Deep Space Nine "The Reckoning" (OK)

14. Joanna McCoy-Kirk

Joanna McCoy-Kirk Commodore Commodore

The City on the Edge of Forever (TOS Blu-ray)

Kor likes this.
  15. Captain Rob

DS9 "Cardassians" on H&I.
    Why didn't Bashir do a DNA paternity test on the boy and his alleged Father to be sure. The information from Dukat could be false just to make the official look bad.
    ENT "Carpenter Street" on H&I.
    Regarding the final scene. Didn't know Detroit had mountains (it doesn't). Oops.

16. cosmic mouse

cosmic mouse Commodore Commodore

VOY Prototype

17. 14 of 1701

14 of 1701 Ensign Newbie

TOS This Side Of Paradise last night.

18. BillJ

BillJ The King of Kings Premium Member

"Once Upon a Planet" - Star Trek Animated

19. Orac

Orac Fleet Admiral Admiral

The Naked Time