Last Star Trek Episode You Watched

Discussion in 'General Trek Discussion' started by Kes2370, Jul 10, 2011.

1. Armus

Armus Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

DS9-Heart of Stone. Kira is trapped by a growing crystal that is enveloping her whole body while Nog decides to join starfleet. Rewatching the third season of DS9, I'm remembering what a mixed bag DS9 can be; the episodes are fastpaced and entertaining but I find some of the cast's acting performances very irritating. The actor who plays Nog pants too much and sounds like he is going to hyperventilate while Odo's anguished, belabored performances annoy me.

2. 1001001

1001001 VERY STABLE GENIUS!!! Moderator

Past Tense I and II - DS9

3. BillJ

BillJ Fleet Admiral Admiral

"The Cage" - Star Trek

Watched the color/black & white hybrid. Great rewatch value. Thought Roddenberry was gonna dislocate his shoulder, patting himself on the back for racial diversity that didn't exist in the episode. :lol:

The Old Mixer likes this.
  4. Garth Rockett

Garth Rockett Commodore Commodore

Random Netflix viewings:

Unification I & II (TNG) - Although the cliffhanger of Part I didn't have the same OMG factor as Best of Both Worlds, it was still a thrill seeing Spock appear on TNG back in November 1991. Sure, McCoy had been in the pilot, but that was just a cameo of an elderly McCoy that didn't really impact the story. This entire two parter revolved around Spock; it really felt like a huge deal back in the day. With the 25th anniversary going on, this crossover during sweeps, and the impending release of TUC (Meyer is back!) those were heady days for a teenage fan like I was. Although TOS was celebrating an anniversary, it really felt like TNG had surpassed it in popularity at that point.

This time around I really found myself cracking up at the scene where Data is staring at Picard while Picard tries to sleep. I love when Trek brings in character-based humor like that.

The Jihad (TAS) - I always liked this one, mainly because of all the weird aliens in the standard quest storyline. However, there's some interesting ideas in there about religious extremism, and with Kirk's comment about "green memories" it's definitely not dumbed down kiddie fare. One of the better episodes of TAS, for me.

5. Push The Button

Push The Button Commodore Commodore

No, Jose Tyler was .. uhm.. half Brazilian, I think.

BillJ likes this.
  6. Scribble

Scribble Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Admittedly, a Voyager episode (not as bad as I remember).

I don't know the episode, but a couple of characters were talking about taking a holodeck vacation to Giedi Prime:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Giedi_Prime

7. Captain Rob

Captain Rob Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

DS9 "Indiscretion" on H&I.
    Since when do dermal regenerators work through clothing? I know...picky.

8. BlueStuff

BlueStuff Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

ENT - Chosen Realm

Pretty fun.

9. 1001001

1001001 VERY STABLE GENIUS!!! Moderator

Life Support - DS9

10. Garth Rockett

Random Netflix viewing: Requiem for Methuselah (TOS) - This episode starts off well enough, but the end is just dumb. My seven year old joined me for the second half of the episode. Her comment: "Captain Kirk falls in love lots and lots and lots of times."

Systematic DVD rewatch: Brothers (TNG) - I'd forgotten how much I like this one. Easily my favorite Lore episode, and Spiner really does a good job of making each of the three characters feel very different.

11. Balok's Decoy

Balok's Decoy Commodore Premium Member

One Little Ship - DS9

12. Armus

DS9-Visionary. Radiation exposure causes O'brien to continually travel 5 hours into the future. This show could have easily been a TNG episode; I think it was one in fact. Visionary works on many levels, it even has an evocative score from Jay Chattaway. O'brien has to endure disorienting time travel and even to see his own death while the station itself is in imminent danger from a cloaked Romulan warbird. Like a classic Star Trek episode there's personal jeopardy, a threat that endangers the entire crew, and the mystery is solved just in time.

Last edited: Dec 6, 2017
  13. Push The Button

Push The Button Commodore Commodore

TNG: The High Ground, streamed on Netflix.

The last of six third-season episodes in a row that had titles starting with "The".

Terrorist leader Gary Shandling kidnaps Dr. Crusher and Picard.

14. Captain Rob

DS9 "Rejoined" on H&I.
    Jadzia falls for the wife of one of her previous hosts. Yikes.
    ENT "Catwalk" Pretty good except for a couple of things:
    As previously established in Star Trek: Is that no natural phenomenon is capable of traveling at warp velocity.
    Meaning they should be able to easily outrun the storm.
    And: The storm appeared to have a top and bottom. If they couldn't outrun it they should have been able to go over or under it.
    Oh and couldn't they easily take shelter on the nice planet they were about to visit?

15. BillJ

The cloud creature in "Obsession" travels at warp.

"The Last Outpost" - Star Trek: The Next Generation

16. Armus

DS9-Through The Looking Glass. My personal favorite Mirror episode. Me thinks they should have stopped here. Best line: "Hit him! That's what the Captain would do."

Last edited: Dec 7, 2017
  17. Garth Rockett

The Menagerie Part I on CBS All Access. I was in the mood for some more Malachi Throne after watching Unification the other day.

I've been watching the occasional episode on All Access if I just want to pull one up on my phone or iPad, and so far every 5th episode is the remastered version (Man Trap, Mudd's Women, Menagerie I). I was too tired to watch part II afterwards, but I watched the opening seconds and it appears to be the original effects version. Why would they have the original effects for most episodes with scattered remastered episodes? You'd think they'd pick one or the other and stick with it.

18. Captain Rob

DS9 "Starship Down" on H&I.
    You 'd think that the Defiant, being designed to go into battle against the Borg, would have more redundant systems and damage control abilities. Not to mention emergency equipment all over the ship. No portable lighting or other gear other than a emergency medkit. We've always seen the manual door thingies that stick on the door with a handle. but not on Defiant.

19. Garth Rockett

I've been through a bit of a Trek marathon.

The Menagerie Part II (TOS) on All Access - might as well finish the story. I still don't understand why they have Part I remastered and Part II old effects on All Access.

The Conscience of the King (TOS) on All Access - my little boy joined me for the end of The Menagerie and wanted to keep watching Trek, so this was up next. One of my favorites, I love Arnold Moss in this episode. Some of the acting is a little over the top, but it works so well in context.

The Storyteller (DS9) on Netflix - like many first season episodes, very much has a TNG feel. However, I enjoy this one for being the first step in ISB's long game of developing the Bashir/O'Brien bromance.

Suddenly Human (TNG) on DVD - This one doesn't stick out in my mind as a favorite, but I seemed to enjoy it more this time than I expected. Maybe because watching my DVD's in order has left me with a fresh reminder of how bad the first half of season one is. This one is a lot better than that stuff. I still don't like the ending, though.

20. BillJ

"Lonely Among Us" - Star Trek: The Next Generation