List Only! Last Star Trek Episode You Watched

Discussion in 'General Trek Discussion' started by Kes2370, Jul 10, 2011.

1. Captain Rob

Captain Rob Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

DS9 "Facets" on H&I.
    Still love the scene where Odo/Curzon plants a big kiss on Quark and Quark almost falls over.
    ENT "One Night in Sickbay"
    It has it's good parts and bad ones.

2. 1001001

1001001 Serial Canon Violator Moderator

Meridian - DS9

3. pst

pst Commodore Commodore

i just re-watched "dragon's teeth" and i found it to be a surprisingly solid episode for season 6 voyager.

i appreciated the care and attention to detail that went into the backstory and makeup design of the vaadwaur. late-series voyager was filled with way too many borg references, but i thought this episode earned it, with the vaadwaur describing the collective in its early days. there could've been so much more stuff like this if the series hadn't been so schizophrenically plotted and the vaadwaur dropped after their first appearance.

4. Garth Rockett

Garth Rockett Commodore Commodore

For a random Netflix viewing, I watched Battle Lines last night. I think DS9 season 1 is better than some would have it, but it still well short of the heights the series would later reach. Still, this is a solid episode. Watching it again for the first time in several years did remind me of how much I like Kai Opaka, and how disappointed I am that they didn't follow up on the promise that she and Sisko would cross paths again.

For the 50th last year I decided to start rewatching through the franchise via my DVD collection during my thrice weekly stationary bike sessions, so for exercise time a little later in the evening, it was time to finish off TNG's third season with The Best of Both Worlds. All these years later, and that ending still takes me back to seeing it on it's original broadcast. I think I've said it on this board in other threads before, but when it first aired I knew it was the season finale, but I had no idea it was going to be a cliffhanger. I remember thinking near the end of the episode, "How are they going to wrap this up in the next five minutes?" When the screen cut to black and it said "To Be Continued", my mind was blown. I keep expecting the memory of that thrill to fade each time I rewatch it, but that feeling still comes back to me when I watch it now. In this case, it probably also helped that I wasn't watching Part II immediately afterward (haven't done that since I don't know when). That will have to wait for my next bike session tomorrow night.

5. Kor

Kor Fleet Admiral Admiral

TOS, "A Taste of Armageddon."
    Brilliant, simply brilliant.

Kor

6. Captain Rob

DS9 "The Adversary" on H&I.
    That destruct sequence command scene sounded a bit familiar. The first thing I'd do after taking over as a Captain would be to change the auto destruct codes.
    ENT "Marauders" on H&I.
    Always love seeing T'Pol drop kicking the Klingons. But she runs a little funny.

7. 1001001

1001001 Serial Canon Violator Moderator

The Defiant - DS9

8. Stephen!

Stephen! Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

"Facets" (Deep Space Nine)

9. Vger23

Vger23 Vice Admiral Admiral

Choose Your Pain (DSC)- Really the first DSC episode, outside Georgou's character in the prologue episodes, that felt like old Trek. Don't get me wrong...I like it either way, bu this one really had the nostalgic feel.

10. Push The Button

Push The Button Commodore Commodore

TNG: The Enemy, streamed on Netflix.

Geordi and a Romulan are trapped together on planet DangerScaryBadWeatherRadiation and have to "work together" to "survive" because [technobabble].

One of a huge block of season three episodes, all with titles that begin with "The.."

11. Captain Rob

DS9 "The Way of the Warrior" on H&I.
    Sisko, Dax and Bashir get promoted and Worf shows up to help battle/sort out the Klingons.

12. Armus

Armus Commodore Commodore

DS9-The Abandoned. DS9 echoes I Borg when a baby Jem'hadar is discovered aboard a wreckage. In contrast to TNG's I Borg, This episode makes the point that the Jem'hadar are just scary killing machines that cannot act any other way.

13. BlueStuff

BlueStuff Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

VOY - Elogium

Gross.

14. Garth Rockett

Garth Rockett Commodore Commodore

The Lights of Zetar (TOS) on Netfilx. One of the weaker episodes, but I'm finally making myself watch all the TOS-R episodes (after sticking with the original effects all these years, aside from catching the odd episode on BBC America), and I hadn't seen this one yet. Some cool shots of the Enterprise, but the story still stinks.

The Best of Both Worlds Part II (TNG) on DVD. Taking a couple of days break in between parts one and two was a nice change of pace for me; I think may have enjoyed Part II a little more this time than I typically do. It is interesting to me how they manage to have their cake and eat to too - the solution to beating the Borg is not shooting them with a supercannon, but the more passive making them take a nap. Of course, the nap causes the Borg ship to blow up, so we still have a big explosion. I love how Riker gets to shine in this one.

15. Push The Button

Push The Button Commodore Commodore

TNG: The Price, streamed on Netflix.

Deanna falls in love with Lloyd Braun. And something about an unstable wormhole and some Ferengi. Bleh.

16. Captain Rob

ENT "The Communicator" on H&I.
    Landing party rule #1: 'Don't leave anything behind.'
    Thought it odd that the supposed x-rays of Archer and Reed looked as if they were done in crayon.

17. Joanna McCoy-Kirk

Joanna McCoy-Kirk Commodore Commodore

The Die Is Cast (DS9)

18. The Old Mixer

The Old Mixer Mih ssim, mih ssim, nam, daed si Xim. Moderator

"Friday's Child," 50th Anniversary Rewatch.

19. Stephen!

Stephen! Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

"Meridian" (DS9)

20. CRM-114

CRM-114 Captain Captain

City on the Edge of Forever on Heroes & Icons.