List Only! Last Star Trek Episode You Watched

Discussion in 'General Trek Discussion' started by Kes2370, Jul 10, 2011.

1. Armus

Armus Commodore Commodore

TNG-Darmok. "Darmok and Jilad at Tenagra."

2. Stephen!

Stephen! Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

"Nightingale" (Voyager)

3. Push The Button

Push The Button Commodore Commodore

TNG: Unnatural Selection, streamed on Netflix.

A case of The Deadly Years for Dr. Pulaski. Not sure why the Lantree had to be destroyed, some careful use of the transporter to remove the corpses and a baryon sweep probably could have decontaminated her, but I did appreciate the bridge crew's respectful sendoff.

Chief O'Brien gets to save the day, Wesley was busy doing his own actual job this time, go figure.

A good episode overall.

Sakonna likes this.
  4. Captain Rob

Captain Rob Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

TOS "City on the Edge of Forever" on H&I
    The shot where McCoy walks into the mission and meets Edith. Spock walks into the shot just a second or two after Edith takes McCoy out of the shot. Spock, with his excellent Vulcan ears, should have heard McCoy's voice.

Why is this page so freeking slow? It takes ten seconds or so for my typing to show up. And all the while it says it's "waiting for ads"

5. Stephen!

"Lineage" (Voyager)

6. Armus

TNG-The Silicon Avatar. Decent show about a mother's vendetta against The Crystalline Entity. This episode has a knockout teaser and one of TNG's best female guest stars.

7. JirinPanthosa

JirinPanthosa Admiral Admiral

Watching New Ground now.

"This'll be like being there when Zefram Cochrane runs the first warp drive!"

Haha, all things in good time Geordi.

8. cultcross

cultcross Postponed for the snooker Moderator

Ensign Ro
    This was a groundbreaking episode for TNG in many ways, a big departure from Genes Vision (tm) in which any Starfleet personnel who act in a nasty conflicted 20th century manner are usually possessed or drugged or something. Here we have a character who is bolshy, bitter, opinionated and headstrong. While the main cast can't quite bring themselves to disagree with each other about her so there's still little internal conflict (apart from Guinan's own special way of tearing Picard a new one), they certainly unite in being nasty about her, and this external conflict source actually sticks around, with the promise of adding an edge to this vanilla crew. This episode aired in the final weeks of Gene's life, and for good or ill his absence is more notable than ever.
    We also get an Admiral of the week for Picard to argue with, who is trying for peace on a big scale while Picard tries to stand up for the little guy caught in the middle - this is a theme we'll see again with the Cardassian border conflict.

There's a lot in this early 90s episode which sadly still is very relevant today, and a number of issues are raised, primarily the Federation's obligation, if any, to step into conflicts in other people's backyards.

9. Orac

Orac Fleet Admiral Admiral

The Alternative Factor

10. BillJ

BillJ The King of Kings Premium Member

"The Council", "Countdown" and "Zero Hour". The final Blu-ray disc of season three. These episodes were fun, I think Manny Coto's influence was coming through.

If the show had been canceled after "Zero Hour", it would've became legend.

11. Armus

I gave up on Ent around season 2. At some point I may revisit the show. Do you recommend any episodes in particular?

12. BillJ

Season three is one continuous arc. Starting with the season two cliffhanger "The Expanse". I think seasons three and four are well worth the time to watch. Season four has several mini-arcs that are connected to TOS.

13. juventuz

juventuz Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

Watched "The Masterpiece Society", "Conundrum", "Power Play", "Ethics" and "The Outcast" from TNG this weekend.

off, some of those episodes couldn't hold my interest, but I made it through them.

14. BillJ

"Power Play" is the only one I've rewatched in years.

15. juventuz

juventuz Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

I'm watching through all ST series in order, I remember watching them when they first aired, but for so many of them I forgot a lot about them, now I remember why. So far Season 5 has had very few memorable episodes.

16. Armus

Those are some of my favorite episodes from season 5. "Conundrum" and "Power Play" have a frontier adventure feel to them. One of the producers from season 1, Herb Wright, came back to TNG during this time because Berman wanted TNG to get back to its adventure roots. "Power Play" even has a score reminiscent of Ron Jones's edgy music from the early seasons.

17. Sakonna

Sakonna Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

DS9: "Sacrifice Of Angels", "Waltz", and "Covenant"

Crazy evil Dukat mini-marathon! I have to admit, I hated this character turn at the time, but on rewatch I really like it. Originally I thought they were throwing away his complexity. Now I watch it and think: he was Hitler, they were always doing a story about Hitler. The point of Dukat flirting with heroism as the series went along wasn't to redeem him, it was to show he had the potential to make the right choices... to make it even more damning when he didn't.

18. Push The Button

Push The Button Commodore Commodore

TNG: A Matter of Honor, streamed on Netflix.

Although primarily a Riker episode, I enjoyed the few bits where Data gets to be First Officer of Enterprise in his place. Also, the phaser firing range was neat.

19. Stephen!

"Shattered" (Voyager)

20. Armus

TNG-Firstborn. Although its hard to believe James Sloyan as an older Alexander, its fun to see him as a Klingon. I believe he is the only actor to play a Romulan, Bajoran, and a Klingon.