List Only! Last Star Trek Episode You Watched

Discussion in 'General Trek Discussion' started by Kes2370, Jul 10, 2011.

1. Orac

Orac Fleet Admiral Admiral

The Immunity Syndrome again, the original's much better than the remastered version IMO, but there's too many white people in it. :ouch:

Kor and Armus like this.
  2. Tesophius

Tesophius Captain Captain

Court Martial (TOS)

Showing African Americans as authority figures was probably a very progressive move at the time.

It's not a very exciting episode, but I like the lawyers character. And it does raise an interesting question of just how blindly should we trust our computers. We trust them with our lives today, and will probably be ruled by them before the time of TOS is upon us.

The final plotline is subpar, however..

Last edited: Mar 27, 2017
    Armus likes this.
  3. Armus

Armus Commodore Commodore

TOS-The Deadly Years. Remade years later on a TNG episode with Dr. Pulaski.

4. BlueStuff

BlueStuff Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

TOS - The Mark of Gideon. Not a good one.

5. Vandervecken

Vandervecken Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

p
    Maybe part of their training is an intense, battlefield extrapolation ability, so that he could quickly work out the most likely way a shipplan would go, given the same body structures.

Have the same feeling--things are too easy sometimes with Netflix and other sources. A treat's not a treat when you can have it any time. I should try sticking to you way. And yah to be a kid again. Heh I'd like to see the cut-up, missing-scene versions I used to watch in late-night syndication on WPIX channel 11 in NYC, commercials and all. That WOULD feel good. Weird, huh?

-----

Field of Fire, DS9, and although I don't like Ezri Dax this one was good, but it was good because of Joran Dax, who was fascinating. Leigh McCloskey played this cat to creepy perfection, loved it.

Last edited: Mar 27, 2017
  6. luckysurfer

luckysurfer Lieutenant Junior Grade Red Shirt

DS9 "tears of the prophets" s6e26

7. Lowdarzz

Lowdarzz Captain Captain

Dark Frontier parts 1 and 2 (VOY)

8. The Old Mixer

The Old Mixer Mih ssim, mih ssim, nam, daed si Xim. Moderator

Some of us have been doing a 50th anniversary rewatch according to the original American airdates...summers off and everything.

9. Vandervecken

Vandervecken Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Oh cool! sounds like fun. are we talking all series here, and do you all have a thread to talk about it after jazzed up from seeing it? I looked at the original air dates for TOS and we'd be looking at the Alternative Factor, Assignment Earth, and Turnabout Intruder for the three seasons coming up. Not exactly my happy episode place, but that's the point isn't it, to deny gratification a little. :)

10. The Old Mixer

It's TOS...if we watch every series by 50th anniversary of airdates...well, I don't think anybody's thinking that long-term.

Or by "series" did you mean what Americans call "seasons"? We are watching all three seasons of TOS...as the anniversaries come up.

To clarify, we've been watching Season 1. Season 2 will start in September...Season 3 the year after that.

11. Bender1001

Bender1001 Ensign Newbie

Yesterday's Enterprise as we speak (good ol Netflix!).

12. Captain Rob

Captain Rob Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

TOS "Assignment Earth" on H&I
    Always good.
    Always thought it would be funny if someone looking through a telescope happened upon the Enterprise in orbit. Something that big could be seen with the naked eye. It was previously mentioned that they could use their reflectors to mask out radar returns. But they can't mask out a visible light reflection. That would be a cloaking device.
    TNG " Measure of a Man" on H&I
    The entire issue was settled originally when Data was allowed to enter Starfleet Academy. And that wasn't even mentioned as precedent or evidence during the proceedings.
    DS9 episode where Dax has to train a Trill initiate.
    At the beginning there's two Pakleds exiting the gangway in front of Bashir and the initiate. I saw one on yesterday's episode. I think they are trying to take over DS9 by just appearing one or two at a time.

13. cowboyBuilder

cowboyBuilder Cadet Newbie

Contagion S2E11 Good episode , liked the idea of the alien virus ... but the solution of basically turning off the enterprise and turning it on again .... hmmmm ...

RAMA likes this.
  14. Tesophius

Tesophius Captain Captain

Space Seed (TOS)

Excellent episode with a lot of food for thought. Sci Fi issues tackled here are more relevant in terms of the future we're heading into than all the modern crap of other fake sci fi shows that are popular today. Namely, cryonics and genetic engineering. The psychological element of dominance vs submission between Khan and McGivers are also at the cutting edge of social thought today. This is why TOS is still superior to modern sci-fi shows and there's no indication that this will change anytime soon. Notice how it didn't need to rely on gritty melodramatic whining to have a compelling story.

BlueStuff, Vger23 and Kor like this.
  15. Lowdarzz

Lowdarzz Captain Captain

The Fight (VOY)
    Think Tank (VOY)
    Juggernaut (VOY)

16. suarezguy

suarezguy Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Deep Space Nine "A Simple Investigation" (OK)

17. Orac

Orac Fleet Admiral Admiral

The Omega Glory

18. Kor

Kor Fleet Admiral Admiral

TOS "All Our Yesterdays."

Much of the third season seems to have an odd, dream-like quality. So in my head canon, it's all just somebody's weird dream loosely depicting things that "really" happened.

TNG "Allegiance."

A Bolian with hair? Picard should have suspected something fishy right away! :lol:

Kor

19. The Old Mixer

50 years ago tonight, for one hour, everyone watching NBC, in every quadrant of the galaxy and far beyond, seemed on the verge of "winking out"....

Kor likes this.
  20. Captain Rob

Captain Rob Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

TOS "The Enterprise Incident" on H&I
    I want to see the after action report on this to Starfleet explaining how the Romulan Commander managed to be captured wearing such a 'casual' outfit.
    DS9 "Blood Oath" on H&I
    Good to see Kor, Klang and Koloth again after all of these years. Allthough I don't see how Kor, a garrison Commander (a shore-bound paperpusher) , could possibly know two starship Captains.
    ENT "Acquisition"
    Always funny. It's still stupid with all the time they had that nobody bothered to ask the intruders where they were from or what species they were.