Kirstie Alley has passed away at 71

Shatinator

Commander
Red Shirt
It is with great sadness I say that we have lost another great contributors to Star Trek. Kirstie Alley, best remembered as the first version of Saavik. Ms Alley was 71. I was very fond of her and enjoyed her multiple roles in the 1980s and 90s appearance. She will be missed. RIP Ms Alley.

NO. NO, goddammit, NO.

This is been a terrible year for the Star Trek family. For me she will always be Lt. Saavik. Her breakout debut performance 40 years ago arguably played an important role in the resurgence of the franchise. A few years later she did much the same thing again for Cheers, joining the cast after the departure of Shelley Long and injecting new life into the beloved sitcom.

A life well lived, but I am still heartbroken.

RIP Kirstie. Say hi to Nichelle for us.

Sad news. I recently saw Star Trek II on the big screen at the cinema for the first time, I never thought that I would be able to see the film this way. It was great to see Kirsty on the ‘silver screen’, along with all of the other original stars.

I have not seen Kirsty in anything else, so she will always be a Star Trek actress to me. She, along with all the other actors and actresses will live on in the work that they have produced which we and generations to come can still watch and appreciate. :)

At least Nichelle made it to 89. Kirstie went too soon. 71 is too soon.

71 is a good run, you don't want to live long enough to end up with dementia and too physical broken to do anything anymore, just existing to suffer. We're here for a good time, not a long time. She still had her wits about her to say good bye to her children.

RIP Lt. Savok, hope you next life is a good one.

She's not really dead, as long as we remember her.
Rest in peace, Kirstie.
kpRcX0N.png

71 is a good run, you don't want to live long enough to end up with dementia and too physical broken to do anything anymore, just existing to suffer. We're here for a good time, not a long time. She still had her wits about her to say good bye to her children.

RIP Lt. Savok, hope you next life is a good one.
I don’t dispute a life well lived. But when you’re used to having family who lives relatively healthy well into their 80s and even to their early 100s, 71 just seems too soon.

I don’t dispute a life well lived. But when you’re used to having family who lives relatively healthy well into their 80s and even to their early 100s, 71 just seems too soon.

Dying at 71 from typical natural causes is not the worst, but definitely disappointing and "young" (when Kirstie died a quarter of a century sooner than Queen Liz and TWAK co-star Bill Shatner is still in rude health at 91).

Last edited:
So sad. Sounds like she just found outabluther cancer. Rest in peace Kirstie. You were the best Lt. Saavik.

Back