Kirk and Spock regenrated

Discussion in 'Star Trek Movies: Kelvin Universe' started by lordsofelsewhen, Jan 5, 2016.

1. lordsofelsewhen

lordsofelsewhen Lieutenant Red Shirt

What if instead of doing a new timeline they had shatner and and Nimoys Kirk and Spock turn into a younger version of kirk and Spock and the same with the others? like Doctor Who>?

2. dahj

dahj Vice Admiral Admiral

I'd only be on board if Kirk regenerated as a female.

3. EyalM

EyalM Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

That would still leave all the continuity issues with the previous Trek which the new producers were trying to avoid.
    Also, Kirk is dead.
    The rest of the crew, if they are alive, had 70 years of not-serving-on-the-Enterprise-under-captain-Kirk (except Scotty...). Why would they band together? I don't think Uhura would like to be back answering the space phone.

4. F. King Daniel

F. King Daniel Fleet Admiral Admiral

Star Trek XI: Oh By The Way, They Were Time Lords All Along

Zonker and Tim Thomason like this.
  5. urbandefault

urbandefault Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

6. Dales

Dales Captain Captain

NO, I have moved on from Shatner and Nimoy.

7. DaddlerTheDalek

DaddlerTheDalek Captain Captain

This is my reaction as well.

8. Squiggy

Squiggy FrozenToad Admiral

Not every Star Trek thought needs to be shared.

9. Timewalker

Timewalker Cat-lovin', Star Trekkin' Time Lady Premium Member

In many different universes, simultaneously.
    Several years ago, I decided (all in fun, of course) that this is why Saavik in Star Trek III and IV looks and acts nothing like Saavik in Star Trek II.

[​IMG]

10. Tim Thomason

Tim Thomason Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Opening scene of Star Trek XI:

SPOCK: "Chekov, Uhura, Sulu. Thank you for coming."
    SULU: "It's our pleasure, Ambassador. But why have you insisted we come to the Genesis Planet, and also bring along the remains of Captain Kirk, Scotty, and Doctor McCoy?"
    SPOCK: "Because my nemesis Nero has threatened to blow up Vulcan. We must reanimate Captain Kirk and rejuvenate his best crew to stop this tragic event from occurring. Let the metagenesis begin!"

And then the whole movie is in 2387, but they all dress like the alternate reality and the "Abramsprise" is actually the Enterprise-F, built in secret by Spock.

11. DonIago

DonIago Vice Admiral Admiral

As Jim Kirk would say, this is a terrifying idea.

12. CorporalClegg

CorporalClegg Fleet Admiral Admiral

No one moves on from The Shat.

13. Hartzilla2007

Hartzilla2007 Vice Admiral Admiral

Space Battleship Yamato already did that about three times I think.

14. Zonker

Zonker Commander Red Shirt

I'm not really sure you could get Nimoy on board with that idea.

15. dswynne1

dswynne1 Captain Captain

Okay, how about cloning, thanks to Section 31? It would be like in that Justice League Unlimited episode, called "Epilogue", where Amanda Waller of Task Force X (ie. Suicide Squad) decides that the world always need a Batman, and decided to clone Bruce Wayne (by over-writing a couple's DNA), then tried to set up the exact same events that led to the the deaths of the original Batman's parents. Perhaps, in the 25th century, with increase threats to the Alpha Quadrant, you will need a Kirk and crew who can think outside of the box when dealing with threats. Of course, though clones, they wouldn't be named after the original crew, or even have the same sex, but would be put into similar situations in order to bring out what made the original crew legendary. Of course, this crew would find out about the truth, have a crisis of faith, and then overcome their trauma to forge a path of their own.

16. DonIago

DonIago Vice Admiral Admiral

Pass.

While I find the new movies a lot of fun and entertaining, and it's something that's never been done within the franchise, I don't think we need further suggestions that the universe will fall apart without Kirk and Spock.

17. StarMan

StarMan Vice Admiral Admiral

So in order to retain the character templates you're suggesting that these human beings *regenerate* ala Doctor Who. Like a Time Lord. Which they are not. Gotchya.