Jurassic Park

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Kirkman1987, Nov 15, 2011.

1. Kirkman1987

Kirkman1987 Commodore Commodore

Anyone here playing Telltale's new Jurassic Park game today? My copy of the 360 version won't arrive until tomorrow, but I'm a big fan of Telltale and JP so I'm looking forward to it. I hope the new QTEs they've added to the mix don't overwelm the traditional adventure gameplay we've come to expect.

Anyone have the game or playing it soon, and what are your thoughts?

2. Kirkman1987

Kirkman1987 Commodore Commodore

Alright, the game arrived yesterday and I spent the majority of my day off playing it. I finished the game, but will likely return over the next few days to go achievement hunting.

I was suprised how well the QTEs worked in the game, although I think a few of them could have been cut for more puzzles instead. They do help create tension and pace in many of the dinosaur attacks that just wouldn't be there with puzzle solving adventure gameplay.

The story is the main reason for playing this game, and Telltale got it 100% right. The game really feels like the first film, and the continuity and references are fun to catch. I loved all the characters, and there were some pretty decent twists for a JP story. This story should have been one of the sequel films. I don't want to spoil anything, because it's a lot of fun. It was most gratifying to see the actual Jurassic Park again and not Site B. All the new areas have great design and you can easily buy them as being part of the world of the first film. The dinosaurs are scary and awesome, as they should be.

I highly recommend it for Jurassic Park obsessives. I'm Hoping Telltale is able to make a sequel at some point (hopefully after first making a fourth Sam and Max! :))