June Art Contest - Summer Fun

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by Soran77, Jun 10, 2017.

1. Soran77

Soran77 Captain Captain

So being that it is June and the summer is here, lets see your best Trek summer creations, it's all about the fun of summer, camping, swimming, all recreation, so either turn a shuttle into an air stream camper, or summer surfing on Risa, but ya gotta use a summer theme, even a cruise liner... *Ahem* lol

The only rules are no battle scenes, no war ships.. It's summertime lets show the love!

2. Soran77

Soran77 Captain Captain

I'll be the first to put in my entry, "the White Star Lines 23rd century pleasure Star Liner, RMS BRITTANIC!"

[​IMG]

3. Cyfa

Cyfa Commodore Commodore

Excellent! An excuse to see Captain PIke in short shorts!!!

[​IMG]
    [Not my entry - this is a fake 70s book cover I knocked up quickly last year]

Cool Star Liner, Soran77. And great theme - I'm off to do some thinking...

4. publiusr

publiusr Admiral Admiral

That makes me thing it came off of an Excelsior's saucer-spine as an escape ship.

5. Soran77

Soran77 Captain Captain

You can do either or both :)

gazomg likes this.
  6. Kaiser

Kaiser Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I have a idea for a Cruise liner but i'll make it later unless this contest ends last day of July :)

7. Mark Davies

Mark Davies Ensign Newbie

Nice model, very cool idea :cool:

8. Cyfa

Cyfa Commodore Commodore

Here's my entry:

[​IMG]

I'd have liked for a sunnier day to take the photo, but Great Britain isn't exactly known for its good weather... Still, that Bajoran and Cardassian couple didn't seem to mind the lack of sunshine. In fact, they didn't even seem to notice the encroaching Bolians!

Last edited: Jun 29, 2017
    Michael likes this.
  9. Michael

Michael Good Bad Influence Moderator

@Cyfa, that's my favorite picture in the universe! I love it. :)

Cyfa likes this.
  10. B.J.

B.J. Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Okay, it's getting close to the end of the month. Ptrope was very hands-on with these contests, since we had to email him our final entries, and he'd host them on his site. M, did you have any preference on how to handle things going forward? Do you want to handle things, or maybe have the month's contest creator make the voting thread?

At the very least, everyone should post their final entry in this thread so that nothing gets lost. And speaking of which, here's mine!

11. Michael

Michael Good Bad Influence Moderator

Yeah, I have been pondering all these questions for the last couple of days, too. My two priorities are (1) making this as uncomplicated as possible and (2) making it so that everyone has fun participating.

Having the contest creators/last month's winners post the voting thread is probably a good idea. That's how, for example, the avatar contests on the board are handled as well. If people have trouble setting up the vote or if someone just doesn't find the time to post the thread, I'll be glad to help of course.

Collecting the entries in the contest thread is also a good idea, as a way of “locking” the final entry of each participant and also because it makes it easier for the contest creator to post the voting thread. @Soran77, will you be able to post the voting thread around the weekend?

As for hosting all the entries offsite, I think it's neat to archive the contests and the artwork somewhere, but I'm not sure I'll be able to continue that particular tradition. I'd love other's input on this: Would you want this feature to continue in some fashion? Does anyone have an alternative idea to hosting the entries on some webspace offsite? I guess one idea would be to set up an account with Tumblr or Wordpress and host the entries there.

As for my entry, here it is again:

[​IMG]

12. Finn

Finn Bad Batch of TrekBBS Admiral

Here's mine

[​IMG]

13. Soran77

Soran77 Captain Captain

I can @M

14. Sibyl

Sibyl Caffeine Pill Popper Rear Admiral

And mine:

[​IMG]

15. Forbin

Forbin Admiral Admiral

:)

[​IMG]

tax1234 likes this.
  16. Cyfa

Cyfa Commodore Commodore

Paradise, Forbin. Paradise!
    If only it were here a couple of days ago in time for the deadline. That shuttle can't perform a time-travel slingshot around the sun, can it? :lol:

Forbin likes this.
  17. Forbin

Forbin Admiral Admiral

'Fraid not. :)
    I'm one of those crazy people who likes to show off, but hates entering contests.

Cyfa and Michael like this.