July Art Challenge - Civilian Life

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by Venardhi, Jul 7, 2012.

1. Venardhi

Venardhi Vice Admiral Admiral

Starfleet dominates Trek and we rarely catch a glimpse of the worlds outside of its walls and uniforms.

Your challenge is to show us a bit of Federation civilian life far away from deltas, pips and duty shifts.

Good luck.

2. JES

JES Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Will a schematic for a civilian spacecraft qualify, because I really specialize at designing vehicles, and usually don't enter contests where such designs won't apply?
    I was thinking of designing a SSTO spaceliner, something like either a 23rd or 24th equivalent to a Boeing 747, or in others words, a descendent of the ubiquitous airliner.

3. Venardhi

Venardhi Vice Admiral Admiral

Absolutely. I left it vague intentionally so people could focus on whatever aspect they're best at while still forcing them to branch a little out of the comfort zone of aztecked hulls and black gabardine.

4. JES

JES Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Okay then, I guess I'd better get started! :)

5. smalltalk66

smalltalk66 Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

I noticed that. If its not a starship design or a uniform design, most people here don't seem to give a damn about you.

6. The Green Monster

The Green Monster Admiral Admiral

^ a tip, don't tell a poster that nobody gives a damn about him when he is more well known than you are.

7. Admiral2

Admiral2 Admiral Admiral

^^^I think smalltalk meant "you" in general "everybody" sense, not specifically Venardhi.

8. smalltalk66

smalltalk66 Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

Admiral2 is right--besides, I've already won a contest a long time ago. I think Venardhi's win is a great thing--so I don't need your tips, punk.

9. The Green Monster

The Green Monster Admiral Admiral

An old professor of mine who called everybody punks, especially if they shopped at a Kmart, came to mind

I reread it later and saw what you meant, though I wouldn't have included the last two words ;)