Job interview today

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by Guartho, Oct 28, 2011.

1. Guartho

Guartho Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

In an hour and a half I'll be interviewing for a position selling cell service and Dish Network at the local Verizon affiliate.

If I'm hired, I'll be closing up my video production full-time office and working a full time job for someone else for the first time ever.

I'm a little worried since the founders are no longer involved and some sites say the current upper management are really screwing things up. The local store manager is a friend of mine though, and I know he'll be a good leader. I'm still full of all kinds of worries about potentially making this change though.

2. SeerSGB

SeerSGB Admiral Admiral

Best of luck.

3. Mary Ann

Mary Ann Knitting is honourable Admiral

Hope it all works out for you, Guartho. Good luck!

4. Guartho

Thanks for the good wishes. I think it went well, but now I have an irrational fear of being offered the job.

Is that weird?

5. Asbo Zaprudder

Asbo Zaprudder Admiral Admiral

Is it really fear of being offered the job, or is it fear of the job itself or of having to choose whether to accept the job if offered? I'm sure existentialism has something to say about this. Probably something unhelpful like "you are free, therefore choose".

6. Robert Maxwell

Robert Maxwell memelord Premium Member

Good luck! I hope you get it.

7. Guartho

I didn't understand half of that, but of the list I think it's fear of having to choose whether to accept the job it offered. It represents a big change for me so I guess I'm worried about whether it's a good change or not.

8. Asbo Zaprudder

Asbo Zaprudder Admiral Admiral

I have often found that disquietude doesn't correlate with the result of the choice that I have made, but is more likely to have arisen from fear of the unknown new situation.

9. Spot's Meow

Spot's Meow Vice Admiral Admiral

Good luck! After a year of unemployment I suddenly had three job interviews within a week, have already been offered one, and have a good chance of being offered at least one of the others as well. It's crazy how things happen all at once. I do understand the irrational fear though - I have been really hoping and wishing for a job for a long time, but now that it's finally happened I have so much doubt. I think it's just because I am used to the way things are now, having so much free time and time away from real people in the real world. Change is scary, even if it is a good change. But don't worry - even if you took the job and it turned out horribly for some reason (which isn't likely), you can always search for another position. Anyway, good luck with your new job, hope it all goes well!

10. MHT1138

MHT1138 Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Good Luck with whatever you choose!

11. RoJoHen

RoJoHen Awesome Admiral

Completely understandable, and I had the same feelings when I started my current job. As much as I wanted to quit my old job, I was used to it and used to the income that it provided.

12. Tom Hendricks

Tom Hendricks Vice Admiral Premium Member

I'm very sorry to hear that you are shutting your business. As someone who owns and runs their own post production video company, it saddens me to loose a brother so to speak.