Jerry Harrison and Adrian Belew want to revive Talking Heads to tour 'Remain in Light' in 2020

Discussion in 'TV & Media' started by Shaka Zulu, Dec 24, 2019.

1. Shaka Zulu

Shaka Zulu Commodore Commodore

Apologies for the late post,* but this is important news in the world of entertainment, especially modern music.

[​IMG]
    Adrian Belew & Jerry Harrison in concert with the Talking Heads, 1978

Jerry Harrison and Adrian Belew want to revive Talking Heads to tour 'Remain in Light' in 2020

Six words from me: This is NEVER going to happen.

[​IMG]
    David Byrne, 2019

(David) Byrne wants to put the Talking Heads behind him, and refused to be involved in that revival which happened in 1996; he also legally forbid them to tour as Talking Heads, so they had to do said revival album/tour as The Heads. Also, Byrne himself has shot down any rumours of a reunion tour, and explained why he doesn't want to do one.

*Apologies also if this has already been posted.

Last edited: Dec 24, 2019
    J.T.B. likes this.
  2. J.T.B.

J.T.B. Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

3. Ar-Pharazon

Ar-Pharazon Admiral Premium Member

Belew was a touring member for 1 year. Harrison is the only founding member.

Byrne was the Talking Heads, but if one original member needs to make some money under another name, why not?

4. J.T.B.

Yeah but what a year. From minimalist art-rock combo to ten-piece funk-rock powerhouse.

Jerry Harrison has done pretty well in the venture capital world, I doubt he needs the money. I'd guess it was more of a pet project for a guy with plenty of money.

Ar-Pharazon likes this.
  5. Mr. Adventure

Mr. Adventure Fleet Admiral Admiral

You never know, it might be a once in a lifetime event. I need to just stop, I'm not making sense.

Ar-Pharazon likes this.
  6. 1001001

1001001 Serial Canon Violator Moderator

[​IMG]

Ar-Pharazon and Mr. Adventure like this.
  7. XCV330

XCV330 Premium Member

the last time they tried to reform without Byrne he would not let them use the name so they went with Not Talking But Heads.

8. Shaka Zulu

Shaka Zulu Commodore Commodore

Exactly.

9. Ar-Pharazon

Ar-Pharazon Admiral Premium Member

Which is better than the no-founding-members version of Quiet Riot that's out there. That one is definitely about playing on the name.

10. XCV330

XCV330 Premium Member

Adrian Belew is ok but if they want to form around a 1 year guitar playing member, go find Johnny Marr. There's another band reunion that will absolutely never ever happen in his life.

11. J.T.B.

Marr played on a few tracks on Naked (1988), but was never a touring band member (because they didn't tour after 1984). So we don't really know what his take on Talking Heads older catalog would be like, compared to Belew or Alex Weir. It would be fun to see, though.

12. Mr. Laser Beam

Mr. Laser Beam Fleet Admiral Admiral

I take it Tina and Chris won't be involved?