Jeri Ryan possibly responsible for Obama's presidency?

Discussion in 'Star Trek: Voyager' started by xBiophagex, May 22, 2013.

1. xBiophagex

xBiophagex Ensign Newbie

From Wikipedia:

On June 18, 2004, Los Angeles Superior Court Judge Robert Schnider agreed to release the custody files. The decision generated much controversy because it went against both parents' direct request, and reversed the decision to seal the papers in the best interest of the child. It was revealed that six years earlier, Jeri had accused Jack Ryan of asking her to perform sexual acts with him in public, and in sex clubs in New York, New Orleans, and Paris. Jeri Ryan described one as "a bizarre club with cages, whips and other apparatus hanging from the ceiling." Jack Ryan denied these allegations. Although Jeri Ryan only made a brief statement, and she refused to comment on the matter during the campaign, the document disclosure led Jack Ryan to withdraw his candidacy; his main opponent, Barack Obama, then won the 2004 United States Senate election in Illinois.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jeri_Ryan#Personal_life

2. Greg Cox

Greg Cox Admiral Premium Member

This is old news. I've been amusing people at parties with this factoid for years.

"Say, did I ever tell you how Seven of Nine is responsible for Barack Obama becoming President?"

3. JarodRussell

JarodRussell Vice Admiral Admiral

Lol, Jack Ryan.

4. Gaith

Gaith Vice Admiral Admiral

I'm no expert on Illinois politics, but after his '04 keynote DNC speech, any rival candidate would have had a hard time beating Barack. How a more evenly-matched Senate campaign might have affected his '08 presidential run is a matter for further study at the Gary Hobson Institute for Alternate Realities Research.

5. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

She was offended by being asked to do consensual sex stuff with her husband at a sex club she willingly entered?

That's like walking into a car dealership and then being disgusted that someone tries to sell you a car.

Prude.

If she didn't want to be asked if she wanted to be locked into a sex swing, then she shouldn't have ordered a drink and sat down to watch others have a good time in the swing.

Two faced prude.

Is it that the swing wasn't cleaned inbetween turns?

There must be more information that makes Jack out to be a bad guy?

Was she unwittingly lead into the joint blindfolded?

I'm assuming they paid a thousand dollars each at the door to get in?

You see, that's what I'd have a problem with!

America is starving but this is what they spend their money on?

They could have started a college tuition fund for underprivileged kids with what...

Prostitutes?

I suppose if Prostitution was illegal, which is silly, then that would be good tool to throw about in the divorce, but frack, Jeri was a willing participant and just as good or bad as Jack... Unless here's more information as I said.

This is silly.

6. ryan123450

ryan123450 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Wow this a very odd thread. :p

7. Tom

Tom Vice Admiral Admiral

Jack Ryan's cock is responsible for Obama. lol

8. Iamnotspock

Iamnotspock Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

And there I was thinking he was a Tom Clancy character.

9. teacake

teacake Fleet Admiral Admiral

How do you know she entered the club? She may have just browsed the brochure.

10. JirinPanthosa

JirinPanthosa Admiral Admiral

I think George W Bush is responsible for Obama's presidency.

11. Guy Gardener

"My husband deserves no custody of our children because he wanted to have sex with me."

"Mrs Ryan everyone wants to have sex with you, is there any reason why Jack Ryan's sexual requests were more perverse than you would expect from any other politician?"

"He wanted to have sex not in our bed."

"Did you hear that ladies and gentlemen, the accused Jack "filthy-pants" Ryan demanded to have sex with this brave kind lady who apart from the many children she had with Senator Ryan was almost a virgin, in other rooms in the her own house, possibly even where her children eat!"

"Other rooms! I'm feeling weak like I might faint... After a week of begging, he bribed me with a diamond tennis bracelet to have sex on the floor beside the bed BUT I WOULD NOT LET HIM TURN THE LAMP ON... Because I'm a lady."

:)

Seriously.

How far into hypotheticals do you have to go before you're accusing someone of Orwellian thought-crimes?

Unless Jeri was bound, gagged and dragged into that club against her will, she was complicit up to a point that was well past any meaningful definition of Innocence.

12. teacake

Sometimes you go into a club and it's just a club with overpriced drinks and leather settees and you don't know until you've been there for a while that there is a whole series of back rooms where other things take place, things you would not have entered the club if you had known about.

Also I was at a bus stop once and a guy was whacking off but it was the last bus and if I had left I would have missed it so I didn't leave and I still have custody of my children.

13. Guy Gardener

So you think Jack tricked her, and I think Jeri wussed out.

Which means that you think she's an idiot and I think she's latter day classy or born again classy.

Like I mentioned about cover on the door.

Then there's a question of exclusivity and membership?

One famous rich person is not going to sex club with another famous rich person unless there's a clad iron certainty that their antics are not going to wind up on the front page of the post or youtube.

This isn't back room antics.

"Public" sex acts, not "private" sex acts.

Think Karaoke but with sex.

As for what you saw.

Poor people want to be seen having sex.

Rich people expect to be paid.

He could have had the most beautiful penis in the world, but it wouldn't matter because he was a degenerate at a bus stop.

Context is everything.

14. teacake

"in sex clubs in New York, New Orleans, and Paris."

Do you think she went to all these clubs? I'm reading it that this was some sex club franchise and he was like, HEY BABE look at this great chain of sex clubs, we could do this stuff in Paris and New York!

I really don't see what this has to do with child custody though.

15. Guy Gardener

Moral fibre.

Degenerates are not allowed custody.

16. CorporalCaptain

CorporalCaptain Fleet Admiral Admiral

Thanks, Ocampa!

17. Dream

Dream Admiral Admiral

Jeri Ryan saved VOY. But Jeri Ryan saving Obama? Next you'll tell me Jeri Ryan cured cancer! I thought only the character she played on VOY was a Mary Sue? :p

18. teacake

Obama needs to show his gratitude and fund a new Star Trek series.

19. Guy Gardener

Walter White cured Cancer, but no one was smart enough to wonder why his tumour vanished immediately after he started cooking huge quantities of Meth.

20. Dream

Dream Admiral Admiral

Clearly, Obama is a Vulcan in real life!:vulcan: