Jaynz Anew

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by Vance, Jun 20, 2009.

1. Vance

Vance Vice Admiral In Memoriam

USS Hermes (U) Class
    Scout Type
    NCC-585
    Based on a design by Franz Joseph and Andrew Probert
    [​IMG]

2. Kaiser

Kaiser Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

OMG! THATS SO BUETIFUL PLEASE DO MORE AND DONT EVER LEAVE AGAIN!!!!! :eek: :) :techman: :drool:

and im being honest :)

and great coloring on the LN-64 warp Nacelle :)

3. Kaiser

When will your site's gallery be back up 100%? :confused:

4. Vance

I need to rewrite the logon code and the gallery uploading code... so, probably a day or two when I want to psyche myself up for it. It scares me... :P

5. Kaiser

listen to some good Star trek Music while you do it :)

6. MadMan1701A

MadMan1701A Commodore Premium Member

Cool. :)

Glad to see you getting back into things. :)

I knew you couldn't stay away for long...

7. Vance

Well, strictly speaking, there's a few ships on the commisions list... so I'm getting those out this weekend. TMP versions of the Hermes, Jenghiz, Enterprise, Montcrief, and Federation. Going to try to tackle the Jenghiz tonight (basically just doing the torpedo launcher, not sure if I'll do the 'hump' style pylon yet). Connie and Federation later this weekend.

8. Vance

USS Jenghiz
    Destroyer Type
    NCC-501
    Based on a design by Franz Joseph and Andrew Probert
    [​IMG]

9. Herkimer Jitty

Herkimer Jitty Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Me love you long time.

10. Data Holmes

Data Holmes Admiral Admiral

Hey vance...

If that neck is based off of the decater/belknap design, shouldn't it have two single phaser units on the dorsal "fin"?

11. Vance

I wanted to keep the basic capabilities of the Saladin intact for the Jenghiz, but just felt the superstructure needed to look a smidge beefier than the Hermes. I didn't think about the aft phaser assembly. :)

12. Kaiser

Wow... you and Jackill should really make a book togethor and if possible the Mastercom people if there still around and David John Shimdt and Shane Johnston......

13. Data Holmes

Data Holmes Admiral Admiral

I just figured that it would be a logical emplacement for a destroyer class vessel. It would also provide aft coverage, something I always thought was lacking on those ships.

14. BolianAuthor

BolianAuthor Writer, Battlestar Urantia Rear Admiral

Very awesome. Glad to see u back at this. :)

15. Vance

USS Ayanami Class
    Destroyer Type
    NCC-1600
    Based on a design by Gizmotron
    [​IMG]

16. Kaiser

Another great one :)

and Sorry I didnt notice your designs were missing the shuttle bays at first ^_^ but im just so happy your back creating Starship Schematic at again :) :techman:

17. Probert

Probert Starfleet Design Red Shirt

Actually, cosmetics aside, all of my starship configurations were predicated on Roddenberry's requirement that warp power is derived from tandem codependent warp engines. Warp power, according to Gene, is created between two warp engines... an edict that has been pushed further into obscurity by the latest Trek abomination featuring the USS Kelvin, with it's blue afterburner tail exhaust, so prevalent in all the Star Wars designs.

Having said that, if your design ws to make any kind of engineering sense, the warp engine would need to be turned upsidedown so the warp core power feeds would enter the engine at the same location (it's bottom) rather than being randomly stuck in the top, like the ILM people did on the USS Reliant.

Finally, this initial configuration's smaller dorsal area is better looking than your subsequent submissions.

Andrew-

18. Kaiser

I would wisely take his advice i wonder if your reading this Mr. Probert have you seen whats in the link on my sig here?

19. Vance

I didn't feel right not crediting you somehow, considering that the ship really is a conflation of Franz Joseph's Technical Manual design for the Hermes and your own work. As for Roddenberry's rules, they were cleanly violated as far back as the S.S. Aurora, so I actually don't even consider them anymore. :S

I've never seen a good internal of the LN-40 design. If there's one out there, please point me to it. (I'll need it soon enough anyway). It doesn't, on a cursory glance, seem like it would be much of an issue to 'flip' the conduits for that kind of mount, though.

Well, the Hermes is pretty clean looking, so it makes it a lot easier to work with as one of the most common 'fan-bashes' out there. The Jenghiz has a couple of variants, which I pretty much mixed, in order to give it a more unique look... but the torpedo bay never did look right to me without the secondary hull there.

Thanks very much for the comments, though!

20. Vance

Well, the bigger questions will be "What will Jaynz treat as official" and what just happens to be in the gallery. I really haven't decided on the Saladin's upgrade yet. The TMP storyboards shows a couple of uprated Hermes and Saladins in the background, but unfortunatly not clear enough (in the images that I've seen) to work from.