January Art Challenge - K-Star

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by K-Star, Jan 28, 2008.

1. K-Star

K-Star Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I'm hoping this is Borgy enough. When the idea came up for doing something that had to do with the Borg I instantly thought of Data's encounter with the Borg Queen. I had been meaning to attempt a picture of Data with skin grafts for a while now. I say this DOES fit the contest theme, since this was a DIRECT RESULT of actions by the Borg.

[​IMG]

Comments? Opinions? POLITE AND CONSTRUCTIVE criticism? (I've got the outline the best I could, I'm a tad concerned about colors and background.)

2. K-Star

Changed the background. I kinda like how it makes him look like he's standing in a hallway.

EDIT: switched out the old pic for a new version. Same style gradient, but with green added for a more "Borgy" feel.

[​IMG]

3. S'kai

S'kai Captain Captain

Didn't Data have his head opened up for at least part of that scene? A little exposed positronics would provide a link between the android and the Borg.

4. K-Star

Well at the end when he turned against the queen and released the gas his human skin was dissolved, revealing his inner workings. Plus that would be REALLY hard to draw.

5. RoJoHen

RoJoHen Awesome Admiral

What program are you using? This reminds me of the stuff I used to draw on my old Mac using ClarisWorks, which makes this a winner in my book.

I like cartoons.

6. K-Star

I'm using Paint Shop Pro 9. I drew this in my sketchbook, scanned it, then went over it with the pen tool and colored it in.

7. Kaiser

Kaiser Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Nice pic :)

8. Epsilon IX

Epsilon IX Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

^He looks rather friendly in this! You couldn't really take him seriously if he said he was going to add your distinctiveness to their own! :guffaw: (<that would probably be your reaction!)