Janeway and Tuvok, full circle

Discussion in 'Star Trek: Voyager' started by Refuge, Mar 12, 2017.

1. Refuge

Refuge Vice Admiral Admiral

Am I reading too much into it? Having watched Endgame and then straight back to Caretaker, it struck me that in 'Caretaker' Voyager was chasing down the Marquis but Janeway wanted her Tactical Officer, her Chief of Security and friend, Tuvok, back as well. Fast forward to 'Endgame' and Admiral Janeway kissing a maddened Tuvok on the head as she was about to embark on getting the old Tuvok back.

I know it wasn't all about Janeway and Tuvok. Chakotay and Seven had been lost too, a number of others.. Yet there was Janeway back to the Delta quadrant ready to pick up the pieces.

I also thought it ironic that Harry didn't reference his parallel experience of what the Admiral was trying to achieve as he had done much the same in 'Non Sequitur', when he and Chakotay had made it home only to be desperate to go back and reset events.

2. at Quark's

at Quark's Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

^Nitpick: that would be the Timeless episode. In Non Sequitur, Harry arrives in an changed reality in which he never was on Voyager. He then finds Paris and together they attempt to return Harry to reality as he knows it.

Regarding your Endgame vs. Caretaker remark: I never spotted this particular connection between these two eps. Would be a nice little touch if the writers had done this on purpose, but I doubt that.

3. Sophie74656

Sophie74656 Commodore Commodore

It could be possible that Tuvok was a major driving force in her decision to alter the past. They had a deep friendship for many years before Voyager. And there was a line Admiral Janeway said in Endgame about how they will loose people and then she said...."and then there's Tuvok". There was something about the way she said that

4. Refuge

Refuge Vice Admiral Admiral

Absolutely, Timeless is the one I meant. I did a lazy google lookup.

I really love the Tuvok and Janeway history, loyalty, and love for each other. Must admit I look for their special little connections.