Jadzia in Sto-Vo-Kor

Discussion in 'Star Trek: Deep Space Nine' started by Dale Sams, Mar 21, 2020.

1. Dale Sams

Dale Sams Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Did anyone else watching this go....huh??

Jadzia isn't a Klingon. Its the symbiote that has some tenuous connections. Maybe Jadzia wouldn't even want to be in Sto-Vo-Kor.

Also....Kor later says, "I will see Jadzia and she will be waiting for you..." Or something like that. Well its gonna be kind of embarassing if Worf remarries. Are both Jadzia and Kehleyr there??

And the notion of Quark going is just silly.

ThreeEdgedSword likes this.
  2. Orphalesion

Orphalesion Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I mean the whole idea of the afterlife being segregated by species is quite problematic from a philosophical perspective to begin with.We don't exactly know what happens after death in Star Trek (I don't really see that Voyager episode as 100% proof that the Klingon Afterlife exists) so there's no telling what might have happened to Jadzia's soul (if anything) and whether Worf's actions had any influence on her "final destination".

While we don't learn about Trill beliefs about the afterlife in the shows, in Beta-Canon it's portrayed as them joining a sort of gestalt mind with all the other dead Trills. If we assume that all the afterlives are true then maybe Worf's action gave Jadzia a choice whether to fo to Sto-vo-kor or merge with the dead trill mass mind.

With K'ehelyr it's even more complicated, she's a human/klingon hybrid, who says she went to Sto-vo-kor (would she even want to, she seemed pretty annoyed with Klingon warrior culture most of the time)? Again, if we are to assume all the various afterlives are true, then she might have been able to choose whether to go to the Klingon or the Human one. Or she can travel between them whenever she likes.
    Really once you bring in all the inter-species couples it gets messy...will Lwaxana and her husband never see each other again in the Afterlife? Will Deanna have to chose with which of her parents she wants to spend eternity? What about her 1/4 Betazoid 3/4 Human kids?

That whole thing is just pretty silly overall.

3. Mr. Laser Beam

Mr. Laser Beam Fleet Admiral Admiral

I'm sure K'Ehleyr would be admitted to Sto-vo-kor. She wasn't dishonored or anything like that. And as for her murder, I doubt she went down without a struggle. She must have fought back. So she surely died with honor.

4. Orphalesion

Orphalesion Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

That was not my point. My point is that she's a hybrid, and if we assume that the Afterlife in Star Trek is really dependent on species, then there's no telling whether she went to the Klingon or the human one.

5. Bad Thoughts

Bad Thoughts Vice Admiral Admiral

Isn't this just a problem of all "afterlifes," not being particularly Klingon?

kkt likes this.
  6. Kilana2

Kilana2 Vice Admiral Admiral

Worf wanted for Jadzia a place in Sto-Vo-Kor. He did everything to get her a place. Jadzia respected most of the Klingon customs - but not all of them. It was more about the way to Sto-Vo-Kor than actually having a place in it.

7. kkt

kkt Commodore Commodore

I think it would be weird for Jadzia to be to Stovokor, when all her memories and many of her personality traits are alive and well in Ezri.

8. NCC-73515

NCC-73515 Vice Admiral Admiral

Everybody ends up on the Barge of the Dead. Imagine the confusion for all non-Klingons! XD

Jinn likes this.
  9. at Quark's

at Quark's Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Yeah, a similar problem is even already mentioned in the bible, showing us that 1900 years ago or more, people already came up with this stuff.

10. Leviathan

Leviathan Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Soylent Gagh is Klingons!

trekshark likes this.
  11. Ocanain

Ocanain Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

Considering the symbiote continues on, it would be Jadzia alone in Sto-vo-kor. If she made it their by Worfs tribute, surely it would be of will and not just of Worfs intention. In that case all is well.

As far as whether it is real and whether seperate species afterlife’s have validity, who can tell. In the inebriated words of Jim: no one gets out of here alive.