It's Michelle Yeoh's world and we're just living in it.

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by StCoop, Dec 17, 2021.

1. StCoop

StCoop Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

We've already had Shang-Chi and Gunpowder Milkshake this year but she's barely getting started.

Everything Everywhere All At Once

The Witcher: Blood Origin

Looking at IMDB she's got ten other projects on the way. (Four of which are the Avatar sequels no one wants but still...)

I wish I was half as productive at my age as she is at hers!

Commander Troi, FreezeC77 and XCV330 like this.
  2. galleywest

galleywest Lovable Flake Premium Member

She is awesome in Shang Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings. She just shows up and is herself and the movie is better for it.

Commander Troi likes this.
  3. FreezeC77

FreezeC77 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I'm really excited for that first movie to see Ke Huy Quan back acting. I think he stopped like 20 years ago. Best known from Data in the Goonies and Short Round in Temple of Doom.

4. auntiehill

auntiehill The Blooness Premium Member

Indeed! I think that looks pretty interesting.

5. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Commodore Commodore

Yeah, this is the first I am learning he is acting! Looks like a central role too. Last time I saw him act was as a cast member of Head of the Class during its later seasons. That was 30 years ago.

Commander Troi and FreezeC77 like this.
  6. Morpheus 02

Morpheus 02 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

did anyone see it and/or start a thread?

I want to see it... trying to get my wife to go see it with me... my Facebook feed says everyone who saw it loved it.

7. The Nth Doctor

The Nth Doctor Infinite Possibilities... Premium Member

I saw it yesterday and absolutely loved it. The film is the most wonderfully bonkers, reality-breaking, endearing adventure about a family trying to find love and purpose with each other. Every fan of science fiction and/or absurdist humor must watch this film. Cut from the same cloth as Terry Gilliam but weaved into something completely different. The whole cast is fantastic but Yeoh is truly amazing.

There are many ridiculous jokes but the most hysterical one was whenever Michelle Yeoh pretended she didn't know martial arts. :lol:

8. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

I totally forgot this was coming out until I saw a commercial that said it was now playing. My mom and I were going to go see The Secretss of Dumbledore tomorrow, but after I showed the trailer for this, we both agreed we'd rather see it, so we'll be seeing this instead.

9. Noname Given

Noname Given Fleet Admiral Admiral

I saw it last Tues. with friends and we all enjoyed it. It REALLY makes me want to see her headlining a Star Trek series. That lady can both still kick ass, and is a good actress. They need to start production of Section 31 as soon as Picard wraps. :beer:

10. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

I started a review thread last night if you want to share your thoughts there.