Isaacs Interview 6/23

Discussion in 'Star Trek: Discovery' started by CaptainPete, Jun 29, 2017.

1. CaptainPete

CaptainPete Lieutenant Red Shirt

It's been almost a week since this was published, but I just picked it up and found the early interview about Discovery interesting. A couple of highlights, apparently someone got two words of dialogue out of a script, I'd like to see that if anyone has it. Secondly, Isaacs said "after the trailer was released there was a narrative of what the show was about, and everyone got it wrong". I wonder what he means by that, what are the fans getting so wrong about the trailer? I know I'm over analyzing 3 lines from an interview, but I'm a Trekkie it's what I do.

http://www.interviewmagazine.com/culture/jason-isaacs#_

Last edited: Jun 29, 2017
    Mordock likes this.
  2. KennyB

KennyB I have spoken............ Moderator

I am sure there was MUCH that people got wrong. I giggled when people SWORE that Green was Vulcan and some even swore she had Vulcan ears.........

jamestyler and CaptainPete like this.
  3. jamestyler

jamestyler Commodore Commodore

I foolishly read a post doing the rounds on Facebook about the characters of Discovery.

That was the first of many things they got wrong....

4. Mordock

Mordock Commander Red Shirt

Nice little interview.

"I posted an Instagram picture of the script with all the words blanked out, so you just see my name on it, which I thought was very witty and amusing, and apparently some tech genius having a day off from Putin managed to enhance left and pan right like Blade Runner, and make out two words of dialogue. I've now had to give one of my children up."

5. Spider

Spider Dirty Old Man Premium Member

TTE (The Trailer Effect) always misleads you. Most scenes in trailers probably have nothing to do with each other.

And I just made up TTE because RSP don't think like most people do.

RSP is Retired Stoned People. Combine that with CASTFS and it could be a problem. CASTFS is Crazy Ass Star Trek Fan Syndrome, which makes me a CASTFSRSP, or a RSPCASTFS, I'm not sure which.

And if that just made sense to you, you're far worse off than me. :lol:

F. King Daniel and Mordock like this.