Is "Torchwood" Coming Back Ever?

Discussion in 'Doctor Who' started by TedShatner10, May 19, 2015.

1. TedShatner10

TedShatner10 Commodore Commodore

A very hit and miss spin off that had its thunder stolen by ITV's Primeval and SJA, though I still wonder when it will come back (though I hear RTD in recent years is struggling with an unfortunate life partner crippled after brain cancer). I miss the times when the Torchwood team indirectly get innocent bystanders killed. :rommie:

2. Turtletrekker

Turtletrekker Admiral Admiral

3. The Wormhole

The Wormhole Fleet Admiral Admiral

I'd say "probably not." Though, if the upcoming audio dramas from Big Finish are indeed set post Miracle Day, I'd change my answer to "definitely not."

4. RoJoHen

RoJoHen Awesome Admiral

I still say a "Torchwood: Victorian London" adventure featuring Captain Jack Harkness, River Song, Vastra, Jenny, and Strax is the way to go. You'd think Moffat would jump all over that idea!

5. Candlelight

Candlelight Admiral Admiral

NOOOOO!!!! Jack is fine but I want the others killed off in a shocking, no way to return, pre-credits sequence.

6. chardman

chardman Vice Admiral In Memoriam

Sorry, but I'm with RoJoHen; I love Vastra, Jenny, and Strax, and would love to see them get their own spin-off.

As for Torchwood... I think River would be a great, already in-universe addition to the cast. Another in-universe character to replace one of Torchwood's dearly departed, would be Clyde from SJA.

7. RoJoHen

RoJoHen Awesome Admiral

If you want them killed off, then you should absolutely support my Torchwood idea...since pretty much everybody dies in Torchwood. :lol:

8. StalwartUK

StalwartUK Captain Captain

I don't see it happening. Torchwood was largely RTD's thing anyway and it doesn't look like he's coming back. Probably a good thing too after the mess the series was left with from "Miracle Day".

9. Relayer1

Relayer1 Admiral Admiral

Aren't they all dead apart from the gappy Welsh one ?

10. Sindatur

Sindatur The Gray Owl Wizard Admiral

Candlelight was talking about River, Vastra, Jenny, and Strax.

But no, although, all of Jack's previous staff aside from Gwen were killed off by the end of S3, Torchwood picked up the Black guy (Rex) and the Blonde girl (Esther) in S4 Miracle Day, so, last we saw of them, they were a team of 4 again: Jack, Gwen, Rex, Esther

11. RoJoHen

RoJoHen Awesome Admiral

Esther died at the end of Miracle Day, so Rex is the only new member still standing.

12. Sindatur

She did? I remember wishing it was her, instead of Rex, who gained the immortality, but, I guess I must've forgotten about her actually dying. Bummer....

13. RoJoHen

RoJoHen Awesome Admiral

The end of the final episode takes place at her funeral. As they're leaving, Rex gets shot, and then his body heals itself and everybody is like, "Whaaaaaaaaat???"

14. Sindatur

Yea, I remember a funeral, and remember Rex healing, and wishing it was Esther who was immortal, I guess I just forgot it was Esther's funeral :( Only watched the Season once, I haven't felt the inclination to watch it again.

15. K'Toska

K'Toska Commander Red Shirt

I would love, love, love for Torchwood to return, especially if it was more like the earlier seasons. I know there was talk of a Captain Jack and River Song spin-off (mainly by the actors themselves) but I'd be so into that idea too. Anything with the two of them involved would be great!

16. Doctorwhovian

Doctorwhovian Fleet Captain

It's possible with Big Finish doing Torchwood we might end up with Jack meeting past (or even future?) Doctors and companions other than the ones he's familiar with.

Makes me wonder if they'd also use the thing about the Doctor feeling that Jack is 'wrong' with classic Doctors as well. (Of course, this would be before the Doctor met him, but it's been sort of established that the Doctor's memory is spotty when meeting future Doctors and companions, otherwise he'd recognize a good chunk of them, unless he's 'pretending').

17. Sindatur

Not Jack and River, but apparently Alex Kingston and John Barrowman did guest star against each other in Arrow (Which is when at least one of them said they would love a Jack/River Story)

18. Ithekro

Ithekro Vice Admiral Admiral

I'm trying to picture River Song (Doctor's wife) bouncing off Captain Jack (a nearly immortal/walking fixed point in time). They are both three levels of bonkers when they want to be. Though that would almost beg for the Doctor to show up at some point. While Jack can't call easily, River knows how to get the Doctor's attention when she need it.

19. RoJoHen

RoJoHen Awesome Admiral

I just want to see them flirt with each other. I think it would absolutely hysterical.