is Petticopat Junction coming onto DVD ?

Discussion in 'TV & Media' started by TransporterBeam, May 5, 2008.

1. TransporterBeam

TransporterBeam Lieutenant Commander

Is Petticoat Junction coming into DVD ? Was Green acres a spin off of that show ? Didn't the Beverly Hillbillies guest on that show a few times ? I still remember being small and seeing one of them on tv.

2. gh4chiefs

gh4chiefs Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I'm still waiting for real box sets of The Beverly Hillbillies.

3. Dar70

Dar70 Vice Admiral Admiral

Beverly Hillbillies came first then Petticoat Junction (which wasnt a spinoff of Beverly Hillbillies at first) than Green Acres which was a Spinoff of Petticoat Junction. There was an ep of Green Acres where they did a play of the Beverly Hillbillies (Oliver played Jethro.:lol:) A couple of season later the Hillbillies visited Hooterville. So now they were part of Petticoat Junction and Green Acres continuity. Paul Henning created BH and PJ and Jay Sommers created Green Acres which was set in Hennings PJ universe. I guess Henning decided to just put BH in the continuity rather then keep it out. Doesnt really matter though Green Acres was more surreal of the three so i guess it didnt matter that BH was seen on tv in Green Acres.

Interesting fact about Green Acres. The Simpsons takes alot of their style of humor from that show. I had noticed the similarities watching it once during a scene when Eb was standing outside Olivers car one moment and a split second later was sitting in it.:lol: I immediately though that the Simpsons does that type of humor. I later saw a trvia fact on tvland that confirmed it. Weird.:eek: