Invincible Iron Man #10 [spoilers; pissing/moaning]

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Pensive, Feb 4, 2009.

1. Pensive

Pensive Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

First off: WHAT THE HELL IS EVEN GOING ON RIGHT NOW. Tony, I know you are probably not going to get laid for a long time, but fucking Maria Hill in your sekrit armory is EUGHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!! This isn't even angry sex, because there was no UST between you--just TENSION. And HATE. And she's jskdfka; just I can't even talk right now because of the awful. :klingon:

However, I wil say, leaving before she wakes up and leaving a note on the pillow reading, "BLOW IT UP AND RUN" was kinda awesome. But only because in my mind you said "Pepper" when you came the night before. :devil:

Item the Second: ARMOR FOR PEPPER ARE YOU KIDDING ME. I let the electromagnet-in-her-chest slide because it was kind of cool, but then Fraction--you asshat fanboy--had to ruin it by telling us she could float above the floor. Again, I let that slide because the Earth's magnetic field and all that, and plus Tony told her it wasn't a power source for armor. But then you had to ruin THAT by having Tony build her fucking ARMOR AND HOW RIDICULOUS IS THIS BOOK ALREADY WITHOUT MORE RIDICULOUS RIDICULOUSNESS??

Item the Thir[RAGE BLACKOUT]

The only thing I thought was not deserving of a painful death on the cliffs of Latveria was Tony telling Maria to go to FuturePharm and get some info, then "find Captain America and give it to him." She asks how the hell she's supposed to find Captain America without an email addy or an Avengers decoder ring, and Tony says, "Cap@us.gov" and tells her to email from a public library terminal so Norman Osborn can't track her. She tells him that it's no time for a joke and Tony says, "that or start crying." I was half-d'awww at that, but any woobie potential was nuked by the rest of the shitty ish. When I saw "FuturePharm" I thought maybe Tony would be able to fix up his busted Extremis armor but we'll have to wait and see.

So Tony's on the run, supposedly to go destroy his bunches of sekrit armories. Maria is on the run to FuturePharm and then off to find Bucky!Cap, and Pepper is on the run as Iron Woman.

There is not enough *facedesk* in the world. Someone get the fanboy off this book, STAT.

p.s. the art is still fug but that goes without saying.

2. TheBrew

TheBrew Vice Admiral Admiral

What the hell is a "sekrit"?

3. Trent Roman

Trent Roman Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

"Secret", 'amusingly' misspelt.

Fictitiously yours, Trent Roman

4. the Dagman

the Dagman Commodore Commodore

That's how Pink Lectroids from Planet 10 (stranded on Earth by way of the Eighth Dimension) spell the word "secret". No matter where you go...

5. Garth Rockett

Garth Rockett Commodore Commodore

I am a long-time Iron Man fan (a complete run from Tales of Suspense #67 to Iron Man: Director of S.H.I.E.L.D. #21) who reached my breaking point with Marvel's direction in the Summer of '07. I've been tempted a couple of times to check out an issue or two of this Most Wanted arc but it looks like I can safely avoid it too.

I think they need somebody like Joe Casey on this book.

6. miraclefan

miraclefan Commodore Commodore

All that is pretty much why I don't even buy the BIG 2 anymore! TRUST me! there is a lot of independent titles that are light years better then the crap marvel and dc are putting out.

7. Pensive

Pensive Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

That's why I am dropping the title until Fanboy Fraction is off the book, along with the fugly art.

8. Capt_Piett

Capt_Piett Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

See, Fraction is the REASON I'm getting this title now. I had ZERO interest in the title until Most Wanted started after Dark Reign began. I am very interested to see how the Osborn/Stark battle of wits plays out. And Pepper wouldn't have even found the armor had it not been for her tantrum against Miss Hand, so it's likely Tony didn't intend to give it to her.

I wonder how long it'll be though until the general public realize that HAMMER troops are basically just like Nazi Stormtroopers? I agree with what Hill said in Dark Avengers....sooner or later, Osborn's going to very publicly implode. And it won't be pretty when he does.

9. mostlyharmless

mostlyharmless Vice Admiral Admiral

Wow. I loved it. I found Tony Stark compelling as a character for the first time in years. Love the pacing, the story, the dialogue..just about everything. I can't remember how long it's been since I was excited about the next issue of Iron Man.

10. Nick Ryder

Nick Ryder Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

And you all know that Tony has a thing for ice princess/bitches/unlikeable but hot women

Sunset Bain, Rumiko Fujikawa, Black Widow, Beth Cabe etc.

Besides, I think ol' Maria Hill needed to actually get some, maybe she'll mellow now and be a cool character (sorta like when Aquaman finally got frakked by Dolphin "I don't feel so angry anymore. Is this all I needed?")

11. Admiral_Young

Admiral_Young Fleet Admiral Admiral

As I said in another thread after Secret Invasion ended I think that Osborn is going to revert into Green Goblin mode by the time this is all over and Peter is going to have step up to plate big time to stop him. I've been vaguely interested in Iron Man and will probably pick up the Most Wanted TPB when it comes out.

12. JoeZhang

JoeZhang Vice Admiral Admiral

I think this is the best issue that fraction has turned out for the title (which admittedly isn't saying a lot).