Intelligent Aquatic Aliens Collage (Study 1)

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by Arpy, May 8, 2021.

1. Arpy

Arpy Vice Admiral Admiral

[​IMG]
    (I may or may not find time to finish this one.)

The Zissou's are, of course, the famed line of Federation Naval Patrol Astro-Seamen. :klingon::cardie::borg::rommie::bolian:

NCC-73515, Cyfa, Markonian and 2 others like this.
  2. publiusr

publiusr Admiral Admiral

The lowermost--left-hand corner--what ship is that?

Arpy likes this.
  3. Cyfa

Cyfa Commodore Commodore

Oh, Torat! Such a fantastic look, and I love those air-sacs he puffs up either side of his nose when he gets annoyed! Voyager featured some fascinating aliens now and again - the Think Tank aliens were particularly good.
    This is a great selection, Arpy. If you do continue to work on it, how about including the Bzzit Khaht?

P.S. Nice to see Harpo the humpback whale in the mix ;) (thank you for including him)

Arpy likes this.
  4. Arpy

It’s not a ship. These are all intelligent (or “semi-intelligent”) lifeforms. (e.g. I didn’t include Picard’s pet lion fish Livingston lol) This is actually a screenshot of my collage, and the alien and its artist’s name aren’t as clear. I’ll look for the original to share. (EDIT: here it is)

That alien and those around it (except Bevvox) are some images I found that I thought could kinda fit in the Trek universe. They're there for our inspiration. I may or may not take them out of the final version.

Way more diverse aquatics could work in Trek, too. More jellyfish-like, more nightmarish deep trench bioluminescent anglerfish-like ones, etc.

Yes! Made an instant impression on me. One of my one-off favorites.

I didn’t know they were aquatic. Thanks for the suggestion!

Please feel free, everybody, to suggest others, or to share “inspirational” images to maybe include, too.

That was so awesome, how could I not? What became of the humpbacks once they were brought back? Do some swim alongside the dolphins on larger ships? What do they wear? What underwater-friendly materials are their uniforms made of? Just great stuff. Another instant head-explosion seeing that @Cyfa, thank you! :bolian: :bolian: :bolian:

Last edited: May 8, 2021
  5. NCC-73515

NCC-73515 Vice Admiral Admiral

Dare I suggest Janeway and Tom post-warp-10? XD

Cyfa and Arpy like this.
  6. Arpy

Do you think that they were intelligent beings? I was on the fence whether or not to include devolved Troi from “Genesis,” too.

NCC-73515 and Cyfa like this.
  7. Tim Thomason

Tim Thomason Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

The biggest omission I could see is the Ba'ul. Likely, their spiritual cousins, the Sheliak, can be added too.

Arpy and NCC-73515 like this.
  8. Arpy

The Ba’ul are a good one. I’m not quite sure how they “work” exactly...and why they’re humanoid-ish...but, hey, they’re aliens, right? I’ll include them in a future version.

How do you see them as spiritual cousins of the Sheliak?

EDIT: wait, add the Sheliak? They’re not aquatic, are they?

Last edited: May 9, 2021
    Tim Thomason likes this.
  9. Tim Thomason

Tim Thomason Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Based on the deprecated fan theory that the Ba'ul and Sheliak are the same species (the timeline doesn't quite fit). We don't know if the Sheliak are aquatic or not. If they are, it's probably very warm water they live in. It'd be kind of neat if they actually nested in lava.

Some of the species you show are just maybe, sorta aquatic (or amphibious) with no certain confirmation of that.

Arpy likes this.
  10. Arpy

They’re both massive tools, certainly, and they and their tech look rather sinister, but I don’t think they’re the same guys. I’m so close to liking the lava idea (maybe they get along better with the Tholians?), but I dunno. The Sheliak have always been so unusual, and I kinda just want to think of them as very alien from a very alien world, without giving them an environment we could easily pigeonhole.

Here’s my fan theory: they’re the people who left Armus behind. The “beautiful” beings that left after all the ugliness that is Armus was removed are the Sheliak. Same basic shape and movements when he chooses to compose himself, and the same voice. Maybe it’s what they all sound like when speaking in “humanoid.”

Oh, I know. Amphibious is okay here. Basically anything suggestive of water.

11. publiusr

publiusr Admiral Admiral

The Sheliak (based on Armus) might come from a Titan like hydrocarbon world—closer to Excalbians than anything...the Exxon people

Tim Thomason and Arpy like this.
  12. Arpy

I kinda want to imagine that this guy lives on their world. Maybe just because he’s scary. Walking on a scary ocean.

13. publiusr

publiusr Admiral Admiral

I love Barlowe. His Inferno is lovely to me.
    The Peklo compendium on the creatures of Viy is of interest

Last edited: May 10, 2021
    Arpy likes this.