Insurrection is a good film

Discussion in 'Star Trek Movies I-X' started by ConRefit79, Jan 1, 2020.

1. Allyn Gibson

Allyn Gibson Vice Admiral Admiral

Wasn't Ira just going to ignore it? I thought I read that somewhere.

2. DonIago

DonIago Vice Admiral Admiral

^My understanding is that he threatened to ignore it which was why they didn't destroy it.

3. Peach Wookiee

Peach Wookiee Cuddly Mod of Doom Moderator

That is true. Though I admit that I'd have liked to have a scene on DS9 where Chief O'Brien sees the Enterprise towing the Defiant to the docking ring and groans, "What did they do to the Defiant?! It'll take me weeks to patch her up again!"
    Worf comes back onto the station and says, "We were ultimately victorious. The Defiant served us well."

4. urrutiap

urrutiap Commander Red Shirt

We know that Worf showing up in Season 4 takes place awhile after Star Trek Generations, while that episode of O Brien commenting about the Defiant being in bad shape thats probably right after First Contact but makes you wonder if Picard set ground rules for everyone to not to tell anyone else that they time traveled to the past to give Cochran a little nudge while stopping the Borg

5. urrutiap

urrutiap Commander Red Shirt

Werent there some minor Deep Space Nine crew members with Worf on the Defiant when Picard helped them in the beginning of First Contact? Bet they had a hard time trying to explain to Sisko what happened to the crew he gave to Worf for the beginning of First Contact

6. Vger23

Vger23 Vice Admiral Admiral

This thread title popped back up to the top today. I was about to post pretty much this same thing as what I wrote back in May (having completely forgotten about it)...but fortunately I looked back through the thread a bit first and realized that would have been awkwardly repetitive.

7. Mojochi

Mojochi Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Meh... I'd pretty much rather watch any TNG 2-parter instead, & some of them aren't great either

8. plynch

plynch Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Not a huge TNG fan. So just watching INS as a move, and not a shoulda-been, and not a let-down to FC, I think it’s pretty dece.

I’ve seen FC too many times, so I’d say it it is the TNG I like the most.

Ppl complain it is not epic enough, but I don’t really like summer blockbuster movies. With its ethical conundrum it feels very Star Trek to me.

9. ananta

ananta Captain Captain

The very title of this thread actually gives me this weird cognitive dissonance each time I see it. :cardie::rommie:

10. Richard S. Ta

Richard S. Ta Commodore Commodore

I like Insurrection the best out of the TNG movies, but I still don't like it a lot. I like Generations in much the same way.

Don't like Nemesis much and I think First Contact is just about the worst Star Trek film there is, so yes, with a low bar to clear, Insurrection is my personal best of the four.

11. plynch

plynch Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Why dislike FC so much? I’m not a huge fan, mindya, just curious, @Richard S. Ta

12. Richard S. Ta

Richard S. Ta Commodore Commodore

I honestly don't like any of them. It's more a case of disliking by degrees. First Contact for me represents the worst excesses of what these movies turned the TNG characters into. Data's riding high on emotions, Picard becomes an action chump and I'm in the camp that's not a massive fan of the Borg and even less so the Borg Queen.

I understand First Contact is liked by many, but not this poster. It's a zombie runaround with a TNG skin. It's just so generic underneath all the bells and whistles.

Turd Ferguson, fireproof78 and ananta like this.