In-universe music

Discussion in 'Star Trek Movies I-X' started by somebuddyX, Jun 23, 2017.

1. somebuddyX

somebuddyX Commodore Commodore

I was thinking of the scene where the Klingons engage V'ger while their battle music is playing. Is that also playing in-universe by a Klingon orchestra on one of those ships (similar to how music was played for Immortan Joe's forces in Mad Max: Fury Road)? Or maybe Klingon Captain Mark Lenard is playing it off an mp3? Semi-serious, but do you think other theme music exists in Trek? Maybe the TMP/TNG theme is the Federation National Anthem?

2. Christopher

Christopher Writer Admiral

I always wanted it to be, but alas, no. We heard the Federation Anthem in DS9: "Take Me Out to the Holosuite," and it was composed for the episode by David Bell.

I thought this thread was going to be more about diegetic music in the movies, like "The Moon's a Window to Heaven" or "I Hate You."

somebuddyX likes this.
  3. Vger23

Vger23 Vice Admiral Admiral

Both fine compositions in their own right.

4. TheAdmiralty

TheAdmiralty Commander Red Shirt

If someone ever does the "edgy" dystopian Star Trek where the Federation is in shambles and stuff I Hate You should be established as Earth's new national anthem.

5. Ithekro

Ithekro Vice Admiral Admiral

There are always playing "The Little Warrior and his Targ" in the background, just most humans don't know that its a Klingon song, since no one sings the lyrics anymore.

:nyah: