In 30 minutes I plan to travel back in time!

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by Jayson1, Nov 5, 2017.

1. Jayson1

Jayson1 Fleet Admiral Admiral

I can't wait to revisit that long ago time of 1:00 A.M What do you think will be back there waiting for me and what if it happens to all of us at the same time? Will we merge with our past selves and what if it is a condition that only effects humans and not are technology meaning that if you deleted something from your DVD or ate some of your food it will still be missing?

Jason

2. Brefugee

Brefugee No longer living the Irish dream. Premium Member

Your clocks have changed then?

3. Jayson1

Yep! I think there is one place that doesn't ever shift it's time but I forget which town or city that is.

Jason

4. Brefugee

Brefugee No longer living the Irish dream. Premium Member

China.

5. MacLeod

MacLeod Admiral Admiral

Typical Americans late again, as many countries changed the last Sunday in October. ;)

But as for places which don't change time and there is more than one

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Daylight_saving_time_by_country

Astra likes this.
  6. Avro Arrow

Avro Arrow Vice Admiral Moderator

As MacLeod mentioned, there is more than one. But the place that immediately comes to mind for me is the province of Saskatchewan (well, most of it, anyway). As MacLeod's link mentions, although they are located in the Mountain time zone, they observe Central time. So even though they don't switch back and forth between Daylight Savings and Standard every year, they are effectively on Daylight Savings time all year-round, instead of Standard.

Which is exactly what I think the entire country should adopt. I'd rather stay on Daylight Savings time all year.

7. USS Triumphant

USS Triumphant Vice Admiral Admiral

In the US, Arizona (except for the Navajo, who do observe daylight saving time on tribal lands), Hawaii, and the overseas territories of American Samoa, Guam, the Northern Mariana Islands, Puerto Rico, and the United States Virgin Islands, are the places that do not observe DST.

8. Kai "the spy"

Kai "the spy" Admiral Admiral

Big whoop. I'm on a constant voyage into the future.

9. tharpdevenport

tharpdevenport Admiral Admiral

False advertising. I came here for a time traveling JAyson.

USS Triumphant likes this.
  10. Mr. Laser Beam

Mr. Laser Beam Fleet Admiral Admiral

Hopefully the rest of the US will follow suit.

11. Jayson1

Well we are all time traveling to the future.

Jason

12. USS Triumphant

USS Triumphant Vice Admiral Admiral

Well, from the past. The future isn't there yet. And isn't what it used to be, anyway. ;)

13. Kai "the spy"

The past isn't what it used to be, either.

Gary7 likes this.
  14. Gary7

Gary7 Vice Admiral Admiral

It's all in our minds... the past. And many, many different versions of it. That's why history keeps getting rewritten, as a new mind takes over the task of documenting / revising it. ;)

15. tharpdevenport

I perpetually travel toward the sunset so it never sets, going across the globe and always staying in the past.

16. Kai "the spy"

So, what happens when you come across the IDL?

17. Pingfah

Pingfah Fleet Admiral Admiral

I will deliberately leave this sentence unfinished, and then travel back in time 30 minutes to finish it.

18. tharpdevenport

I don't. I travel slowly enough to where I stay ahead of the sun setting but don't cross the line. Somebody has to live long enough to tell future generations about JAyson, monkey poop, and Superman masturbating.

19. Jayson1

Well I have a theory that with the concept of infinity that when this universe someday implodes that in the future of that event that a new universe will someday will be created that is a exact copy of this one because infinity is such a long time I don't buy into the idea that no two snowflakes can be the exact same. Not only that but it will be constructed from the same energy in the exact same formation as our own and that means we will be a copy of us made from us and if humans do have soul a soul is our energy thus we are reborn. This might be so far in the future though that we can't even conceive how far it will be but to them it will be as if nothing every really existed before, them. In fact we might already be copy of a previous version of ourselves.

Jason

20. ... Wow it actually worked!!