Images shown during opening music

Discussion in 'Star Trek: Enterprise' started by Six of Twelve, Oct 9, 2016.

1. Six of Twelve

Six of Twelve Captain Captain

Specifically, I am curious about the man who turns his head, with a smile.. I'm pretty sure it is Yuri Gagarin, the first man bin space. But I'm not sure, considering I was only three when he made his flight.

Does anyone here know for certain?

2. MANT!

MANT! Vice Admiral Admiral

No it's Alan Shepard suiting up for launch on the Apollo 14 mission.

Balok's Decoy and Six of Twelve like this.
  3. In Thy Image

In Thy Image Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

That intro was great (yes, I liked the music too). But it was a shame they did not include any of the Soviet space achievements. Or any other nation for that matter.

F. King Daniel and Six of Twelve like this.
  4. soornge

soornge Commander Red Shirt

yeah its alan sheperd : but u got to be crazy about the music worst lyric ever what the hell is @heart strength" yeah i know the lyric is strength of heart : i sing heart strength as it plays to openly mock it

5. In Thy Image

In Thy Image Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

I guess tastes differ ;)

Balok's Decoy likes this.
  6. Tosk

Tosk Admiral Admiral

It's not that anyway. It's faith of the heart. (Strength of the soul.)

Tracy Trek likes this.
  7. ItIsGreen

ItIsGreen Captain Captain

I always sing along to it like I'm singing an 80s power ballad. Clenched fists, scrunched shut eyes, dramatic head nods.

Michael and Balok's Decoy like this.
  8. F. King Daniel

F. King Daniel Fleet Admiral Admiral

I hated that theme song so much. Still do. Wasn't too fond of the montage either. It needed stuff like clips of Khan and World War III, then the Vulcans landing etc

9. saladdays

saladdays Captain Captain

They were showing progress from the use of ships, especially space faring and exploration. I agree that they could have used some of the Russian ships, but I don't think Khan or WWIII would have really fit into that theme.

sbk1234 likes this.
  10. soornge

soornge Commander Red Shirt

i like the opening credits a lot : but agree dont know how ww2 or kahn would fit i do think they have something about the post ww2 jet race

11. F. King Daniel

I think a theme of "the next stage of human history" would have been a better fit. I'd have included the big spaceflight moments (but not ignored Russia), but have them crammed in with everything else.

That way you'd have the adversity of WWII and III glimpsed in the into be a precursor to the struggle against the Xindi (and presumably Romulans, had the show continued)

12. Tracy Trek

Tracy Trek Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Even though Enterprise is not my favorite, I thought the song and the images did what they set out to do. They showed the history of human exploration. And I felt the song fit with that idea.

eyeresist and SuperdudeAbides like this.
  13. Richard Baker

Richard Baker Commodore Commodore

I have watched the opening with the same visuals but used the music from DS-9 and Voyager instead. Doesn't quite match as well and Pink Floyd's Dark Side of the Moon and Wizard of Oz, but I liked it better than the original song with Lyrics.

Again, just personal taste, but I like Trek openings to have a grand symphonic style about them.

I do like the images they chose to use. It would have been nice to include one Russian shot, but from what I have seen their camera documentary footage is pretty tough and would probably have needed to be recreated to match the quality of the other films.

14. F. King Daniel

This will always be the best intro to Enterprise:

15. ItIsGreen

ItIsGreen Captain Captain

I like the door chime at the end.

16. Smoked Salmon

Smoked Salmon Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

True, but it does include the ISS so that's something.

17. FlipORican

FlipORican Ensign Newbie

The Opening Credits and theme song for the 'In A Mirror, Darkly' episodes was the best...the images selected worked to shows the history of the mirror universe Earth and the music was instrumental just like all the other series... I like to think that since ENT is a prequel series then its opening credits and music can certainly be different to what is later established. It would of been more weird if they used a pop song for DS9 or VOY after having used instrumental music for TOS and TNG, but for ENT I can accept.

18. 2takesfrakes

2takesfrakes Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I like the montage idea, itself, but some of the shitty CGI effects shots don't jibe, at all, with the archival footage. The styles clash pretty badly, over the course of that 2 and a half minutes, or whatever it is. But the concept, itself, is cool ... I hope Discovery uses it, more successfully.

19. publiusr

publiusr Admiral Admiral

The spaceplane looks to have been a type of Venture Star evolution:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/VentureStar

That would explain the later V-shaped ships with warp nacelles attached that the Romulans perhaps copied.

Lifting bodies came a long way it seems.

20. Mister Spock

Mister Spock Commander Red Shirt

I like the opening and the theme. Aside from the more upbeat version used on the third and fourth seasons, which felt a little out of place with the darker tone.