I'm watching Endgame right now.

Discussion in 'Star Trek: Voyager' started by kes7, Jul 3, 2009.

1. kes7

kes7 Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Willingly. B'Elanna is cracking me up. A picnic in Cargo Bay 2 is less than appetizing. Icheb's shirt looks like hospital waiting room chair fabric, but he's looking kind of grown up and dare-I-say "hot" in this episode. And OHHH, he just beat Tuvok at Kaltoh, much to Kim's delight. Poor Tuvok.

I maintain that as long as you don't think of this as the LAST EPISODE EVER, it's pretty entertaining. Honestly, I agree with ALL the criticism launched at Endgame, but it's still a guilty pleasure here.

2. kes7

Oh, and "Who knows, Harry? It might take us right into your parents' living room!" makes me LOVE Tom Paris. That's quality snark right there.

One more thought: Poor Barclay. Harry Kim has more pips than him.

3. nx1701g

nx1701g Admiral Admiral

I actually always liked Endgame and still do.

(Why do I have a feeling I may need a shield generator?)

4. kes7

Hehe.

It's up to the Adm. Janeway vs. Borg Queen confrontation -- I have to say, the Borg Queen is more persuasive.

5. The Grim Ghost

The Grim Ghost Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

There were definitely some things I would have changed about Endgame, especially the abrupt return to Earth..but I've never thought it deserved all of the hate it gets here.

6. Anticitizen

Anticitizen Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Tack on 20 minutes featuring our characters mingling on Earth and it would've been twice as good, IMHO.

Though as I said in another thread, it would've been a nice touch if the episode ended the way it began, with the scene of the Voyager flying over San Francisco bay with fireworks in the background. A more celebratory ending than what we got. Nobody seemed particularly cheery that they made it home.

7. kes7

I think they were in shock, mostly. Plus, Janeway was feeling the weight of having left her older self to die, and her "life's mission" of getting the crew home was suddenly over -- NOW WHAT? Also, Chakotay was a wanted terrorist, Tom was seeing his demanding dad again, Seven was ambivalent about getting home in the first place, and Tuvok doesn't show emotion. The only person on that bridge that I expected to jump for joy was Harry, and I'm sure he did once the cameras stopped rolling.

I actually think showing the crew on Earth would have opened up a huge can of worms that couldn't have been wrapped up for a few episodes. Maybe they should have brought the series to an end gradually, but I think they did the best they could within the framework of a single episode. It wasn't THAT bad.