If You Love Disco (+ even if you don't) tell CBSAA!

Discussion in 'Star Trek: Discovery' started by jespah, Apr 23, 2019.

1. jespah

jespah Taller than a Hobbit Moderator

2. BillJ

BillJ The King of Kings Premium Member

Done. Not sure I did the show any favors. :lol:

Though it only allowed me to select one character, even though it seemed like it was supposed to be allowed to pick multiples. I picked Stamets.

CommanderRaytas likes this.
  3. DaveyNY

DaveyNY Admiral Admiral

DaveyNY from Skin-Neck-Ta-Dee (Schenectady)
    Worked for me.

My answers canceled yours out ... :nyah:

Picked Tilly for that question.
    :biggrin:

4. Vger23

Vger23 Vice Admiral Admiral

Done. I told them to keep bringing it!

Alan Roi likes this.
  5. Refuge

Refuge Vice Admiral Admiral

I thought I would be clever and not give my age and it said thanks, now piss off. (Well not those exact words). I'll go and do it proper now :)

KimMH likes this.
  6. KimMH

KimMH Drinking your old posts Premium Member

Lol. I wonder how many of us didn’t indicate we are super fans?

Was very pleased to see a “The Mary Sue” site section. An underrated little group that needs more Internet love.

seigezunt and Midquest like this.
  7. urbandk

urbandk Commodore Commodore

Excellent. Gave them all my fanboy props.

Vger23 and KimMH like this.
  8. Starflight

Starflight Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

Done. Rated it a bit more highly than I actually would and went a bit over-enthusiastic on the bit where it asks you to write your thoughts, because I feel somehow duty-bound to help the show. :p

Spot's Meow, urbandk and KimMH like this.
  9. BillJ

Rated it a 6, when I'm leaning more towards a 4. Just mentioned that I would like to get to know these characters minus the fan service.

10. Refuge

I went Super fan. Never heard of those sites but got a cheap laugh at seeing The Mary Sue one. I felt a bit irrelevant answering though because it seemed to be collecting statistics and personal information on behalf of All Access when I don't use them.

KimMH likes this.
  11. Refuge

Oh and I must admit always rate highly because that is what Super fans do :lol: I'll whinge on a forum but 'The Man' must never know...

KimMH and urbandk like this.
  12. Gepard

Gepard Vice Admiral Admiral

I actually did rate it a 4. I also gave them an eyefull when they asked what I didn't like. Cribbed some my own material from here that I posted after the finale, plus a ton of new stuff.

At the end I asked them to ultimately stop listening to fan complaints, have some confidence in their own material, and let talented people make TV without overhauling the showrunners every five episodes. Don't chase fannish approval with all these callbacks and the continuity bookkeeping, just give us good TV.

ITDUDE, David cgc and BillJ like this.
  13. BillJ

But... but... the Prime universe!!! Surely that is more important than good stories?!

ITDUDE likes this.
  14. Jellico

Jellico Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

My wife and I answered most of the questions. I wish they allowed for more written comments because we had more to say.

15. David cgc

David cgc Admiral Premium Member

I picked Reno. I was a little surprised she wasn't included, since she seems like she's definitely going to be in next season, while a bunch of the people who were included aren't (heck, L'Rell was listed, and I don't think she even appeared in as many episodes as Reno this year).

I gave the cliffs-notes version of my stock DSC complaints. I know it'll probably just go into a bucket. Too much plot makes it feels like the show-as-outline, all rising tension with no less intense scenes to balance it out, characterization that's all done through intense one-on-one monologues during ticking-clock sequences with lofty faux-poetic dialog, big plot inconsistencies, jarring shifts in theme and tone with every behind-the-scenes shake-up... I could've gone on, but I didn't want to seem like a crank, and I knew it's probably just be boiled down to a percentage next to a bullet-point that doesn't fit with what I actually meant.

I was a little puzzled by what to say were my top-3 favorite TV shows (which I took to mean, "Which shows should Discovery be more like to attract me, a middle-class white thirty-something male?" so, like, "Last Week Tonight" probably wouldn't be useful). I ended up settling on The Expanse, Justified, and DS9. Though now I'm a little afraid that Lorca will be coming back as a laconic, steely-eyed phaser-slinger who plays by his own rules to set things right...

Come to think of it, maybe I should've just put Justified three times, that sounds pretty cool. I've long maintained they picked the wrong mirror-universe captain to keep around as an outlaw antihero.

16. Vger23

Vger23 Vice Admiral Admiral

Yeah, you guys all had some valuable feedback, I'm sure.

But I pretty much told them I want free Kraft Macaroni and Cheese mailed to my house for the duration of S3 if they expect me to stay subscribed.

Enough of all this bullshit about canon, Mary Sues, TEH BAD RIGHTING!!1! and everything else.

I want my fucking macaroni and powdered cheese.

ITDUDE, fireproof78, Campe and 2 others like this.
  17. SolarisOne

SolarisOne Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

It's important that people keep their promises or shut the fuck up about it. They shouldn't write checks their product can't cash. They promised Prime. It wasn't Prime--not even close. I'm not a fan of being pandered to, and that whole debacle felt an awful lot like pandering. I got over my mad well before season two, but I still don't trust them.

I like the show now, but I don't trust them to keep their word.

ITDUDE and BillJ like this.
  18. SpocksOddSocks

SpocksOddSocks Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Hmm, seemed very US specific, but certainly wasn't region locked.

19. GNDN18

GNDN18 270 Rear Admiral

I ended up writing a mash note to Anson Mount. Who knew?

jespah and KimMH like this.
  20. donners22

donners22 Commodore Commodore

Strange that they still describe S3 as a mere possibility, and list the Picard and Lower Decks shows but not an S31 show.

I told them to focus more on characterisation, and to not worry about pandering to haters. :D

GNDN18 likes this.