If they made a 25th century TV series, would you watch it?

Discussion in 'Future of Trek' started by bbjeg, Aug 15, 2013.

?

If they made a 25th century TV series, would you watch it?

1. Yes

86.7%
  2. No

13.3%
  1. bbjeg

bbjeg Admiral Admiral

With the argument that Nemesis killed prime trek set aside, who wouldn't watch a generation after the next series?

('The Generation After the Next' would be a horrible title, just stating the premise.)

2. JariM

JariM Lieutenant Red Shirt

Of course I would watch it as long as the series had characters I can like and good stories to keep me interested. :vulcan:

3. C.E. Evans

C.E. Evans Admiral Admiral

I'd watch it religiously.

4. BillJ

BillJ The King of Kings Admiral

Why do people never put "I don't know" as an answer for these polls?

Seriously, I don't know. It would depend on lots of different factors including who the actors are, who is the creative team, what is the point of the series?

Some folks think saying it "happens in the 25th century" or it "happens after Nemesis" somehow gives us any idea on what such a series would look like

5. bbjeg

bbjeg Admiral Admiral

Even if they brought Scott Bakula back to play captain as Jonathan Archer's great great grand son, I'd probably still watch it... well, at least I'll give the first season a shot.

6. F. King Daniel

F. King Daniel Fleet Admiral Admiral

I'd watch it if it was good. If it were shite, I would stop watching it. The continuity and era don't make much of a difference.

7. BillJ

I don't really like or hate Bakula, but the moment I got a whiff of them trying to tie it to the other series outside of some vague details, I'd be tuning out.

I really think a general lack of creativity is what ended up sinking Modern Trek. They had just done three series that had Klingon characters and many, many stories dealing with Klingons and yet Enterprise felt the need to go to that well one more time.

8. bbjeg

bbjeg Admiral Admiral

So did NuTrek.

9. BillJ

But they wisely deleted those scenes from the first film and the Klingons in the second film were a side-note, not the meat of the story.

10. Galileo7

Galileo7 Commodore Commodore

Yes.:techman: Forward beyond NG, DS9, VOY.
    Next Next Generation.;)

11. Hober Mallow

Hober Mallow Commodore Commodore

No, I wouldn't watch. No more debased Trek for me. No more sequels of spinoffs of sequels.

12. The Emissary

The Emissary Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

Yeah, I definitely would watch it.

13. Ronald Held

Ronald Held Vice Admiral Admiral

Sure altbough a form of that is ongoing in STO.

14. Viper78

Viper78 Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

Definitely watch a new series set further in the future. I think the reason Enterprise struggled was that people wanted to go further into the future rather than have a prequel to the TOS.

15. bbjeg

bbjeg Admiral Admiral

It's not like they wouldn't see anything new, transwarp would be perfected connecting the galaxy. Exploration, alien of the week, war and peace times between Beta, Delta, and Gamma quadrant species at the same time, and most of all A Continuing Mission!

16. BillJ

Enterprise struggled because it wasn't very good. It started out with twelve-million viewers and was at less than two million a week when the series ended.

17. anh165

anh165 Commander Red Shirt

A 25th century Trek is just an excuse for new ubership and a bland crew getting into an inevitable war with formidable aliens ... again.

18. BillJ

I think that anything that is done right could work. My personal preference is that they use Kirk and Spock if they go back to TV.

But, even if they use the Prime timeline, anyone who thinks they will go back to using the same style Berman used in the mid-90's clearly isn't thinking it through. It will have far more in common with J.J. Abrams version than it will with Rick Berman.

When I started watching TNG in 1987, from the get go it was undeniably recognizable as Roddenberry Trek. Any new series it going to have an all-new creative team and the TV landscape has changed.

19. bbjeg

bbjeg Admiral Admiral

A little from column A, a little from column B.

Hopefully, the same as I stated above.

20. Melakon

Melakon Admiral In Memoriam

A mission to another galaxy might work, but there'd be an awful lot of empty space no matter how fast Warp 9.99999999975 is.