Poll If a half Klingon/half Human appeared on Discovery what kind of Klingon would it look like?

Discussion in 'General Trek Discussion' started by marsh8472, Nov 2, 2017.

?

If a half Klingon/half Human appeared on Discovery what kind of Klingon would it look like?

1. A Klingon from the Original Series

1 vote(s)
    10.0%
  2. A Klingon from Star Trek The Motion Picture

1 vote(s)
    10.0%
  3. A Klingon from Star Trek 3 through 6

1 vote(s)
    10.0%
  4. A Klingon from Star Trek Into Darkness

3 vote(s)
    30.0%
  5. A Klingon from the Next Generation Era

1 vote(s)
    10.0%
  6. A half Klingon/half Human from the Next Generation Era

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. A Dark Skinned Klingon from Star Trek Discovery (no change)

1 vote(s)
    10.0%
  8. A White Skinned Klingon from Star Trek Discovery

1 vote(s)
    10.0%
  9. Other

1 vote(s)
    10.0%
  1. marsh8472

marsh8472 Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I was thinking about Voyager episode "Prophecy" and the way T'Greth noticed that B'elanna Torres was part Klingon just by looking at her ridges.

I figure the ancestors of those Klingons came from sometime between where Star Trek Discovery takes place and where Star Trek 2 takes place. The Klingon appearance has changed multiple times in their history by the time their ancestors began their journey to the Delta Quadrent. A half Klingon on TNG looks most similar to the pure Klingons of Star Trek 3 to Star Trek 6 and yet T'Greth knew she was not fully Klingon anyway. Any guesses on what kind of Klingon a half human/half Klingon would look like on Star Trek Discovery? Also how did those Klingons on VOY "Prophecy" know what a part Klingon looked like?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    ^Albino Klingon from Star Trek Discovery

2. Tosk

Tosk Vice Admiral Admiral

It would have human features and Klingon teeth. Just like Cletus the slack-jawed yokel.

3. Jed-Gelt67

Jed-Gelt67 Commodore Commodore

I would imagine that it would look much like the DSC Klingons, but perhaps a little "softer".
    I have a feeling that the writers of Discovery would tell you that klingons and humans cannot reproduce.

4. King Daniel Beyond

King Daniel Beyond Admiral Admiral

Ugly as fuck

bajorangirl likes this.
  5. Kevman7987

Kevman7987 Captain Captain

Like a Xenomorph from Aliens. Their heads went from smooth/polished to ridged/rough between films.

6. JirinPanthosa

JirinPanthosa Vice Admiral Admiral

It would talk by yelling slow discrete declarative phrases, but in English.

7. Tim Thomason

Tim Thomason Commodore Commodore

In my mind, there are only two ways a Klingon looks like: ridged and non-ridged. Everything else is to be ignored per Roddenberry's edict ("they've always looked that way", i.e. a visual retcon). Klingons have hair, per DS9, but it's possible that the Discovery Klingons do not have hair due to genetic tampering and an attempt at a cure from the Augment virus (implemented to meld with Worf's comment in Trials and Tribble-ations).

The Klingons in "Prophecy" are "pure Klingons", not the viral augments seen in Enterprise and TOS. The Klingons in Discovery might also be pure, or perhaps a transitional phase trying to get back to what a Klingon should look like. The Prophecy Klingons know what a partial Klingon looks like, because they dealt with them on a daily basis before leaving the quadrant. They may not have known she was a hybrid, but they could tell by her subtle ridges that her blood was "not pure" (i.e. she or her ancestors could have been infected by the augment virus).

8. Happy X-Mas (War Is Over)

Happy X-Mas (War Is Over) If you want it Premium Member

9. ralfy

ralfy Commander Red Shirt

Probably just as horrible looking as the STD Klingons.

10. JasonJ

JasonJ Commander Red Shirt

Oh dang! Good one!