IDW Trades

Discussion in 'Trek Literature' started by Ktrek, Sep 15, 2008.

1. Ktrek

Ktrek Captain Captain

I was wondering if anyone would do a sticky for the IDW Trade comic books? I have the first two but am unsure as to when other titles are to be released or already have been released. Now I don't want a debate about whether or not I should be buying the singe issue copies to support the series. I only have so much money to go around to spend on Star Trek and thankfully my wife indulges me. And besides that I prefer the Trades over individual issues. I know if fans did not buy the individual issues there would ultimately be no Trade editions. I don't need any lectures, just a little help so i can be sure to buy every Trade they release. Thanks!

Kevin

2. Dayton Ward

Dayton Ward Word Pusher Rear Admiral

Info on comics releases (individual issue or trade paperback) is usually included in the monthly "Upcoming publications" sticky threads the mods put up.

3. ronny

ronny Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I'm not sure about that. Like they aren't here now. New Frontier: Turnaround is coming out in October but it's not listed. I wish there was a good place for that info. IDW doesn't make it easy on their site, at least I can't find it easily.

4. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

I know I say this constantly, but there is always Memory Beta. That's almost always up to date on the releases of both the individual issues and the Trades.

5. ronny

Amazon is telling me another Year Four Omnibus is coming out in November and the Assignment Earth omnibus is coming out in December but those aren't in Memory Beta. Hey, Memory Beta is great, I'm just saying I haven't found a place that's up to date on a consistent basis.

6. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

Really, are they not in there at all? Because I would trust Memory Beta a whole hell of a lot more than I would Amazon.

7. 8of5

8of5 Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Well you just need to know where to look, I tend to be the one to keep things up to date for IDW releases on MB, I do sometimes forget to update the 2008 page (as I type this it's one month behind so doesn't list the omnibus for Year Four: The Enterprise Experiment - which I shall rectify shortly), but if you check the IDW Publishing publications page that lists and summarises every miniseries, including when omnibuses are out for all those that are solicited (up to date as far as Year Four: The Enterprise Experiment, the most recent to have omnibus announced in solicitations). Or you could try the IDW Publishing release order page which lists every issue and omnibus individually in release order and is up to date with solicitations and expected release dates that haven’t yet been officially announced in solicitations.

8. ronny

You're right, I was looking at the 2008 and 2009 pages. The links you posted are what I was hoping existed somewhere. Thanks a lot, both for the links and for the work that goes into those pages.