Idea for Star Trek Online

Discussion in 'Trek Gaming' started by just_me, Mar 8, 2015.

1. just_me

just_me Lieutenant Red Shirt

As you know in this game when you engage with enemy your ship goes red alert automatically but i think if we dont order to our crew that "Shields up red alert" we miss the biggest cool part and so what is the point of being captain isnt it?

2. Kadratis

Kadratis Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

You should post your suggestion on the official STO forums. :) Your idea might get more attention that way.

3. Jim Gamma

Jim Gamma This space left blank intentionally. Rear Admiral

On TNG it was often Riker who'd order shields up, not Picard... I'd say you're just trusting your XO to do their job. ;)

4. pteal1979

pteal1979 Tal Shiar's Most Wanted Red Shirt

Seeing your shields are always on, its a bit pointless. Also going to red alert enables your weapons.

If you could go to red alert anywhere (i.e. arm your weapons) you wouldn't be safe anywhere. ESD orbit would become a blood bath!

5. SPCTRE

SPCTRE Badass Admiral

Stuff like that makes me want another Star Trek adventure game ;)

6. surak-toc

surak-toc Commander Red Shirt

We got to have this for consoles

7. Scout101

Scout101 Admiral Admiral

This sounds like horrible micro-management in practice. Right now, shields are always on, no worries. And if you prefer, it automatically calls Red Alert if you fire your weapons or are fired upon.

Since having your shields up doesn't cost you anything in energy or crew exhaustion, why would you ever have them down to begin with in-game? Or you'd raise them right when you join a map.

The game is ALL combat, for the most part. Having to raise shields every map would be annoying at best. Pretend they are down and verbally order them up if you want to RP...