I want to die, be a female and be the first evolved human.

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by Jayson1, Apr 25, 2017.

1. Jayson1

Jayson1 Fleet Admiral Admiral

I was wondering about something. I think we all have various things in our life that we would like to do but we usually think about the question in terms of the perfect job or what it would be like to be rich or famous or even someone we would really like to have sex with.

I was wondering if anyone has ever wondered what it would be like to experience something just for the sake of curiosity and not because you think it would make your life, better? the reward would simply be the knowledge you gain from it. The 3 things I picked are because:

1 Dying. We will all do it. I don't want to die so much as I would love to know what that moment feels like when you go from life to death in a nanosecond. I would of course want to come back afterwards so it would be something I could know what the experience is like. If die and stay dead then your not around to think about it.

2 female: Been a guy my whole life so that is all I know about. Would be fun to experience life from another angle and compare notes. I mean of course I could always pretend to be a girl but that isn't the same. Granted I think this even goes deeper and I would love to be anyone else and have that experience while still being myself as well at the same time.Not just their looks but their memories and emotions as well.

3 first evolved human: I would love to see what all these emotions and feelings are like if they were brand new to you and you didn't even have anyone else around to sort of explain them to you. Maybe I get happy and I wonder why I am happy, does it go away, what causes it and if it does go away will it ever come back and is there away to bring it back. Also you would have he fear of sleeping for the first time, because one you don't know what death is yet for all you know you might actually be doing it. You wouldn't know if you were coming back. Also the fact that you are processing all this without any language would make things even more intresting.

Jason

Thowra likes this.
  2. Timby

Timby o yea just like that Administrator

3. Jax

Jax Admiral Admiral

What do you smoke?

:guffaw::guffaw::guffaw::guffaw::guffaw::guffaw::guffaw:

4. Jayson1

I don't smoke anything. All you really need to expand you mind is to go most of your life not having many friends, spending most of your day by yourself in one room, either have a job were you don't interact with people like I did for 13 years, or no job like I currently do. Toss in some OCD and depression and a intrest in sci-fi. No sex and family members you don't have much in common with. You should all try it.

Jason

5. sojourner

sojourner Admiral In Memoriam

Just don't try them in that order.

6. Jax

Jax Admiral Admiral

I would like this. What was the job?

7. Jayson1

Bulk carrier for a newspaper. You pick up your papers around midnight. Then you spend the next 2 to 5 hours,depending on how big your route is, droping papers off at store's or putting them inside machine's. With me you didn't even have a time limit on how long to do it, but they did prefer that people had their papers at least around 5.
    You usually don't meet many if any people and basically you can do whatever you want. I would bring food, drinks with me. Sometimes a book and even a computer. I even came to the trekbbs at times. Better or worst depending on you view I even went to the strip club sometimes or would even take naps.

It sounds great in theory but you do start to miss people and also you got to work everday without days off. Plus it doesn't pay that much.

Jason

8. Spot261

Spot261 Vice Admiral Admiral

You went to a strip club and posted on the trekbbs whilst working?

I'm sure many of us have done the second, fewer the first, but I do have to wonder:

Did you ever do both at the same time?

9. Robert Maxwell

Robert Maxwell memelord Premium Member

People do die and then come back, you know. Most of them report it as a fairly pleasant experience--the brain's transition from life to death seems to be a pretty peaceful one (from the subjective viewpoint of the dying person).

Probably not an uncommon thought. But also, women aren't aliens--it is probably not as different as you imagine. Exactly what "memories and emotions" do you think women have that men don't? Do women have superemotions?

That's not how evolution works. Our evolutionary predecessors also had emotions. Dogs, cats, bats, and bears all have emotions. It sounds like what you really want is to experience a form of total amnesia as an adult, where every emotion and experience and thought is brand new to you.

auntiehill likes this.
  10. Jayson1

No I have never done both at the same time. I would mostly just post when I started feeling bored. Granted I was bored all the time because my job was so easy a monkey could do it. I would also listen to things like Lynn Samuels and Coast to Coast. Did you know there are Lizard people living on earth pretending they are human and also you can go to grraves and abandoned buildings like old prisions with old style tape recorders and record ghosts? Sometimes I would bring one of those portable tv/dvd movies and watch a show or part of a movie. Frankly most nights I wouldn't recall a single bit of work I did but somehow it always got done.

Jason

11. Jayson1

With the female thing I think I would be curious as to how society treated me and things like child birth, PMS and also if it's true that women tend to have a more nesting instinct where men It seems to be more intrested in spreading his seed.

As for the evolution thing I do like you description much better because it is more acurate to what I think would be a fun experience. I would prefer there was no humans around at first so I could then experience what it would feel like to first meet another human. I would also prefer it to be set in the present day so I could experience modern technology as if it was new as well.

Jason

12. KyleRaynous

KyleRaynous Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

Being realistic, the only one of those three you might get to understand is the second one, and only under the concept of meeting a woman who can open herself enough with you to tell you her perspective on life. Sure, you're only going to be able to try to put yourself in her place, only catching a glimpse of how she feels and sees life, but it's the closest you'll ever be to experiencing any of those three things.

Now, if you move forward with that woman, you could bring a new life to this world, whose observation may provide you a minimum reference for your third issue. Death, of course, is something we will all inevitably experience one day, although we certainly won't come back from it...

13. Nyotarules

Nyotarules Vice Admiral Moderator

As a female I assume my ability to make and retain memories and emotions are the same as the other human beings on the planet.

Gary7, NOVE9, { Emilia } and 2 others like this.
  14. KyleRaynous

KyleRaynous Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

The legend says that women remember everything, that your minds make connections that no man would dare to conceive...

15. Spot261

Spot261 Vice Admiral Admiral

Considering the things my mind does that takes some believing.....

16. Nyotarules

Check the definition of the word 'legend'

17. thestrangequark

thestrangequark Admiral Admiral

@Jayson1 seemed to mean that he'd not only want to experience being female, but be endowed with the memories and experiences of growing up to fully understand what it's like to be a woman. Usually I get irked at people who overly divide male and female qualities (the stupid notion that women are unfathomable or that the sexes are as if from different planets), but Jayson is right that in a patriarchal society a woman's experience is going to be very different from a man's in some important ways.

I've never thought about experiencing total manhood, but I have wished before that I could have a man suit just to try on and see what it's like. I suppose I'd spend my time playing with my penis.

Tora Ziyal and Robert Maxwell like this.
  18. Nyotarules

Depending on what type of female he wants to be his experiences will still be unique to his female self - does he want to be an Asian female, Caucasian female, African origin female, Mixed heritage female, Rich female, poor female, fat female, skinny female?
    Assuming he lives in the USA, if he wakes up tomorrow a rich, white female he better shout Praise the Lord!

lurok, Tora Ziyal and Robert Maxwell like this.
  19. MadeIndescribable

MadeIndescribable Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I have to admit that more men should be curious as to how society at large (ie, the patriarchy) treats women, problems are better (perhaps only?) solved when you can put yourself in someone else's place.

There are also a number of machines that can simulate childbirth in men by stimulating certain stomach muscles. I've seen a few examples of men trying them out, and it seems most have to give up before the whole simulated labour has finished. As for being pregnant and creating a life inside of you, that's something that I'm totally jealous of experiencing.

As for PMS, I've synchronised with my female housemates. Days of just feeling meh for no apparent reason really suck.

Thowra likes this.
  20. Jayson1

I would like to have all those experiences. I would love to take this ability even futher and see what it would be like to also be real people in the world as well. I'm sure i'm not the only person who sometimes looks at people and wonder what it's like to be them, not just their memories but their emotional connection that comes with those memories as well.

When I think about I guess is I would love to be a Changling from "DS9" at times. Not all the time because I would still like being me most of the time but I always liked that bit in "The Search" were Changling tells ODO that he can not just take different shapes but also experience what it is like to be that shape. Examples they used was a rock and I think a cloud in the sky. Also when we saw them duplicate Bashir iand O'Brien I always asumed that they didn't just have their shapes but their memories and emotions as well.

Jason