I love the Kelvin Universe movies!

Discussion in 'Star Trek Movies: Kelvin Universe' started by Jayson1, Apr 11, 2017.

1. Jayson1

Jayson1 Fleet Admiral Admiral

I know as a Trek fan I am supose to dislike them or sort of accept them , just as long as you don't see them as real trek but I got to admit I enjoy a lot more than that. For starters they are a reboot that works unlike Ghostbusters,Independence day, or most of the recent DC movies. I would even say they are just as good as the new "Star Wars" movies.

I know they aren't really thought provoking or character oriented as we get from the better series but it works o the level of entertainment it tried to go for. All the actors do a pretty good job, interacting with each other and Benedict Cumberbatch makes for a great villian in the second one, who is different enough to not feel like a bady copy of the orginal Khan character.

I would even rank these films ahead of Voyager, Enterprise, TNG SEASON 1,2,7 AND TOS season 3 and TNG movies in terms of overal quality. In fact there are times when I feel like I might even rank them ahead of the good seasons of TNG though i'm not sure if I am at that point as of yet.

Jason

2. Tosk

Tosk Admiral Admiral

Cool?

3. Smellmet

Smellmet Commodore Commodore

Why are you supposed to dislike them? They are every bit 'real trek' as any of the other movies.

I would say all three are better than The Force Awakens. I've only seen Rogue One once and loved it as much, if not more than the reboots.

4. F. King Daniel

F. King Daniel Fleet Admiral Admiral

Dude, you don't need that kind of negativity in your life. If you like something, like it without shame. Life's too short.

5. The Wormhole

The Wormhole Fleet Admiral Admiral

Cool story, bro.

fireproof78 likes this.
  6. fireproof78

fireproof78 Fleet Admiral Admiral

Hold the phone there. That's the stupidest opinion on the Kelvin Trek films and it's ridiculous that it has some how become the gold standard by which to measure them.

Like or don't like them, but like them because you like them, not because of expectations.

7. Mr. Laser Beam

Mr. Laser Beam Fleet Admiral Admiral

Agreed.

And I do like the Kelvin films, very much. I appreciate what they're trying to do. And I love all of the recasting - the actors such as Pine, Quinto, Saldana, Pegg, etc. are doing an excellent job.

I hope ST4 isn't the final Kelvinverse film, because I want this to continue. :techman:

saddestmoon and Smellmet like this.
  8. Galileo7

Galileo7 Commodore Commodore

Agree. I have been a fan of Star Trek since the '70s with TOS, TAS and TMP. I enjoyed TOS films, NG films and now the J.J.Abrams Kelvin films. Although the box office unfortunately do not compare, I think of the Star Trek films franchise like the James Bond OO7 films franchise, rebooting, re-casting and changes will keep the franchise continuing.