I have purchased a xylophone

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by K'Ehleyr, Apr 29, 2011.

1. K'Ehleyr

K'Ehleyr Commodore Commodore

So when I'm at work and cooking cookies or doing the washing up I'm out of view and can't see people at the bar. So instead of people shouting "Oye" or whistleing I decided a far more discreet way of attention seeking was in order.

First off I bought a gorgeous crystal bell from a charity shop and 'the bell fell'. Then we had a spirit drum but the doongle was lost and so it just dingled.

Now I have decided to go to the 'option route' with the xylonophone ~ it has 5 options... "Welcome to 'name of bar' please ting yellow for coffee, red for bacon related snacks etc... :lol:

Oh come on ~ I need something to make going to work less of a chore.

Do you think I'll have to take specs in so the golfers can read the instructions? :mallory:

How do you make your work interesting?

2. Serial thread killer

Serial thread killer Vice Admiral Premium Member

This is going to sound really sad, but when I worked on a contract sending out free bits and bobs for a brand of beer, they did not want to spend a lot on P&P so let us stick items together.
    So we used to make parcels shaped like tanks and robots ect.
    We also had to stack tubes onto a pallet without any sides supports, so we used to see how many we could get on a pallet without them rolling off.
    In the end I think they had to stop putting the table umbrellas into tubes because the parcel companies workers may have had to run for their lives when they undid the pallet.:lol:

3. K'Ehleyr

:guffaw::guffaw::guffaw:
    The xylophone went down a treat today :) They just looked at me ~ in my tiara, royal wedding and all, and just :shrug:
    "K'Eh ~ your bored again aren't you?" :lol:

4. lurok

lurok Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Lost in the EU expanse with a nice cup of tea
    Did you consider: vibraphone? stylophone? glockenspiel? Although xylophone is pretty cool anyway :) Hope your wedding day was good. I'm having one of those 'I lurve being British' days...

5. K'Ehleyr

Oh a stylophone... Let's just go the whole hog and get a wobble board :D but then I'd have to grow a beard :lol:

(I only got the xylophone because it was a £1 :) and I'm so wary I've ribboned the 'bonger' onto to the thing ~ else on of the golfers will potter off with it thinking it's a pen :rolleyes:)

I must admit I did enjoy it ~ well you don't get to wear pearls and a tiara to work that often.

We missed most of it, but it just jumped up on tele now...

6. Mr. Laser Beam

Mr. Laser Beam Fleet Admiral Admiral

Patrick Moore plays the xylophone.

[yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oO_Ckg5ott8[/yt]

7. iBender

iBender Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I want one.

8. auntiehill

auntiehill The Blooness Premium Member

I think you should get an air horn----just to see if anyone has the nerve to use it.

9. iBender

iBender Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

An air horn, maybe amplified through a loud speaker, sounds tempting, a PA Box and the microphones wouldn't do a miss, I already have the stand and microphone clip hehe.

10. M'Sharak

M'Sharak Definitely Herbert. Maybe. Moderator

Pix when you've got that ready, OK? :lol:

11. Haggis and tatties

Haggis and tatties Vice Admiral Admiral

I have a lot of year experience on partially playing the Xylophone.....i got the Phone part perfect, its the Xylo bit that's the problem now.:p

12. K'Ehleyr

:guffaw: Most excellent. I actually had a discussion at the club today as whether Brian Cox was worthy of taking over from Patrick ~ any way to pass an hour or so at work :lol:

It's such fun! The adults are the worst :lol:

Yes! Yes ~ that or a tamborine :D

Would a false one be acceptable?

I just like using a word that begings with 'X'