I converted somebody in to a Doctor Who fan...

Discussion in 'Doctor Who' started by Timofnine, May 16, 2014.

1. Timofnine

Timofnine Saintly henchman of Santa Premium Member

...using the 8th Doctor Big Finish audio stories.

I commute to work every week day, 30 minutes their and 30 minutes back. I also pick up a workmate to car share for the journey. We started off listening to the radio, but after a while I decided to start listening to the 8th Doctor Audio adventures (the series, not the monthly range), the hour long format is perfect - half an episode in the morning and the last half on the way home in the afternoon.

Anyway, we started right at the beginning. My friend has never watched Doctor Who before, and knows nothing about the series having never watched a single episode, however he is a Star Wars fan and fantasy book reader. We are now up to series 3 episode 1, Orbis - and he is now a self confessed fan. Still however, never having seen a single television episode! :techman:

I wonder what he will think when he actually does watch the series as his impression and visualisation of the series is purely through audio and his own imagination... will it be all that he imagines it to be when he eventually does watch it? I've recommended that he waits a few months and jumps in with the new series starting later in the year with Peter Capaldi. In the meantime, he has all of the 8th Doctor Audio adventures to get through.... :cool:

2. inflatabledalek

inflatabledalek Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Good show sir, an excellent way to take advantage of a captive audience. ;)

3. auntiehill

auntiehill The Blooness Premium Member

I have forced my nieces to watch Doctor Who; they are now both obsessed fans. My sister's home is now decorated with Dalek posters and Tardis mugs. I told my sister she can thank me later. ;)