Human Target casting news

Discussion in 'TV & Media' started by DarthPipes, Jul 24, 2010.

1. DarthPipes

DarthPipes Vice Admiral Admiral

Spoilers I guess...

http://ausiellofiles.ew.com/2010/07/23/human-target-indira-varma/

My question is why?

The best thing about Human Target was the interaction between the three leads. It was what made the show work and one of the main reasons the show was so much fun. Now they're throwing away that dynamic by adding a new character who is going to be giving them orders?

I had a feeling that Fox would force them to add a female cast member and I'm betting that's what happened here. I'm sure Fox will point to the "disappointing" ratings to justify their decision. But to me, you're tampering with the show's best element.

2. Sheep

Sheep Vice Admiral Admiral

As long as this doesn't mean Chi McBride is gone ("new team leader"???), I'm fine with the addition. They could have done far worse in the casting department.

3. Jack Bauer

Jack Bauer Fleet Admiral Admiral

AFAIK, Chi McBride is still on the show.

At least she's hot. :drool:

4. Caliburn24

Caliburn24 Commodore Commodore

I generally think larger casts are a good sign, and I don't mind adding a female cast member in the slightest.

The show is getting a new showrunner though so it will probably have a different feel to it.

5. IndyJones

IndyJones Vice Admiral Admiral

I'll give her a shot, loved her in Rome.

6. Locutus of Bored

Locutus of Bored Yo, Dawg! I Heard You Like Avatars... In Memoriam

I hope so, because the show wouldn't be nearly as entertaining without McBride. "New team leader" doesn't exactly inspire confidence, though, unless they've decided that Winston works better in the field with Chance (which they frequently had him do anyway) rather than directing things back at the office.

While I have no problem with Indira Varma and think she's a talented and beautiful actress, if they wanted a female lead and a new boss, why not simply bump Emmanuelle Vaugier's recurring Emma Barnes character up to lead status and make her their new FBI overseer (say the Feds want to keep an eye on them) which puts Chance's and the team's unique skills to good use on tasks the FBI is unsuited or too "by the book" for.

Plus, Barnes already has a built-in romantic tension with Chance that could be played up with her being his de facto boss, and the team having to go behind her back to do some of their more unethical and extra-legal activities could make for an interesting recurring plot device, while leaving the door open for them to get involved in even more larger-scale government-related missions.

7. DarthPipes

DarthPipes Vice Admiral Admiral

Agreed. If they were going to go with this angle, briging back that character would have done it.

8. Temis the Vorta

Temis the Vorta Fleet Admiral Admiral

Uh...did you see the photo in that link? :wtf:

Something has gone badly wrong with her. She looks like a meth addict now.

9. sojourner

sojourner Admiral In Memoriam

I would be more worried about the new boss not liking Chance's "violent methods". Sounds like they are going to kid-ify the show.

10. Sheep

Sheep Vice Admiral Admiral

I recall reading recently that Emmanuelle Vaugier is on a pilot this fall so she's not available for Human Target. I agree with you though--she would have been a logical addition to the show.

11. Captain Craig

Captain Craig Vice Admiral Admiral

I was just curious if it gotten a season 2. I meant to check it out but never did. Do I have reason to or is it going to pull a Dollhouse? That means be gone at the end of S2 for those who didn't catch DH.

12. Jack Bauer

Well, Fox moved it to Friday so that's not a good sign.

13. Agent Richard07

Agent Richard07 Admiral Admiral

Autumn Reeser's character would have made a great addition as a regular.

14. Gaith

Gaith Vice Admiral Admiral

"Human Target" casting news

If it ain't James Spader, I'm not interested. :p

15. Aragorn

Aragorn Fleet Admiral Admiral

Autumn Reeser has joined the cast of No Ordinary Family.

16. vampgrrl

vampgrrl Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

They also dumped Bear McCreary as composer. :/

17. ncc74302

ncc74302 Captain Captain

I am SO aggrivated about this. :evil: This makes 0% sense to me and smells as a "hey we need to save money and cheapen" to me. Why else would they stupidly dump a talent like that? The composer that is replacing him is Tim Jones, from "Chuck". While I admittedly have found the score on Chuck entertaining and functional, he's no Bear and he certainly hasn't proved he can write a full orchestral score on the magnitude Bear has.

I'm pretty convinced they're going to go mostly synth anyway with the occasional soloist.

I also wonder if they made this decision before Emmy nominations were announced. Pretty asinine to dump a composer after he gets nominated (and I personally think he has a big chance of winning) for an Emmy for composing your main theme.

I'm just trying to understand the logic there, really.

At least we are getting a super duper uber soundtrack album of Season 1 in a couple months... Bear is releasing a 2-disc soundtrack on iTunes, and then a limited release 3-disc physical CD soundtrack.

18. Jack Bauer

another new cast member

19. Caliburn24

Caliburn24 Commodore Commodore

Bear is off the show?! Crap his music was the best part of the show!

20. ncc74302

ncc74302 Captain Captain

I know, right?