How to Go to Warp in your Star Ship in STO for Xbox One

Discussion in 'Trek Gaming' started by VulcanMindBlown, Sep 19, 2016.

1. VulcanMindBlown

VulcanMindBlown Commander Red Shirt

I am sorry if this is a fail and something everyone should know, but I am stuck as a Federation Captain to go to the 1st mission against the Klingons. However, I don't know how to command my ship to go to warp to get myself to the rest of the galaxy (there's a map, I am assuming...???)

2. MacLeod

MacLeod Admiral Admiral

If youyou mean moving from say the BQ to the AQ from sector space fly to a planet near to the border, then manually fly into the neighbouring quadrant. You'll get a message asking if you want to travel to that quadrant.

3. ItIsGreen

ItIsGreen Captain Captain

I think he means just manoeuvring the ship in sector space... there is indeed a map, on PS4 it's activated by pressing the touchpad, on Xbone I imagine it's probably done by pressing that little menu button thingy (what's wrong with good old Start and Select, I ask you?).

Your destination will be marked with a yellow circle, you can either select it on the map and your ship will fly there on auto pilot, or you can fly there yourself by using d-pad up and down to accelerate/decelerate, and the left stick to steer.

4. retroenzo

retroenzo Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Press and hold 'A'. If you can go to sector space you'll have a menu option to do so. If it's not there, then you've still got something left to do.

What I want to know is how you can change the size of the mini-map? Mine seems to randomly change size. When it's small, you can't see your next objective.

5. VulcanMindBlown

I can get on my ship, but it doesn't go to warp to go around the galaxy.

6. intrinsical

intrinsical Commodore Commodore

There's very little information for us to work on. So we have no idea what's going on.

Where are you? Are you in a mission? If so, which mission? Do you see your ship's exterior?

What are you trying to do? Are you trying to leave a mission map? Are you trying to go somewhere?

What do you mean by go to warp?

7. VulcanMindBlown

It was an option that I didn't see before by pressing "A" the confirm button, instead of going back to my ship along side the option to warp. Sorry...