How Many Shirts?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by Taylirious, Nov 10, 2015.

1. Taylirious

Taylirious Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I was doing laundry and I basically have enough shirts for 2 weeks and a few days. Which got me thinking how extensive one's wardrobe is? Do you really need all the clothes you have? I need all the pants & underclothes but I probably get by with 8 shirts not counting what I wear to work or for special occasions. I also have old shoes for walking, shoes for work and boots I wear out but they are all that are left.

I guess this is more a fashion thread. :rommie:

2. Brefugee

Brefugee No longer living the Irish dream. Premium Member

I have about two dozen shirts, some formal, some not so formal and a couple that I refer to as my "James May" shirts, I also have numerous Tshirts of varying geekiness.

3. RoJoHen

RoJoHen Awesome Admiral

I have like 100 shirts, but I only wear maybe a dozen of them. I need to visit Goodwill one of these days.

4. Pondwater

Pondwater Vice Admiral Admiral

I've never counted.

5. Tosk

Tosk Admiral Admiral

I basically have just enough clothes for one working week. (With a few mostly-unused spares.)

Up until recently I only owned one pair of shoes at a time too. Now I have three. Woah!

6. auntiehill

auntiehill The Blooness Premium Member

I have about 70-75 but can only wear about 50 of them. Some can only be worn in summer, some only in winter, so per season, I figure I have about 25-30 to choose from.

7. EmoBorg

EmoBorg Commodore Commodore

I have 30 shirts and t- shirts. Half for work and work related trips and the rest for leisure.

8. T'Girl

T'Girl Vice Admiral Admiral

Over three dozen, divided between work clothes, nice, business lite, and fashionable.

Cotton Tees with holes/stains through to button down silk.

9. SPCTRE

SPCTRE Badass Admiral

I have all the shirts.

10. Jim Gamma

Jim Gamma This space left blank intentionally. Rear Admiral

Buttoned shirt-wise, I have (approximately) fifteen short-sleeve patterned, fifteen short-sleeve plain, fifteen long-sleeve patterned, fifteen long-sleeve plain. Plus a lot of T-shirts that I never wear.
    At least ten pairs of trousers (chinos, work trousers, jogging suit trousers, etc). No jeans, no shorts.

11. JoeZhang

JoeZhang Vice Admiral Admiral

Buttoned shirts would be hard to count - likely 30 or 40 at any time of various ages.

I also have t-shirts and shorts but they are only for the gym or working in the garden, I wouldn't wear them out or to work for example.

12. Jedi_Master

Jedi_Master Admiral Admiral

I have about 20-25 shirts, mostly polo shirts I wear to work.

13. Ethros

Ethros Vice Admiral Admiral

When you say shirt you do you specifically mean a shirt with buttons and a collar, or do you just generally mean things such as T-shirts?

As if it's the former... at the moment I have two :lol:

I've never needed them for any job I've had, I haven't had a job interview in years, and I've only been to two weddings in the last 15 years... haha so yeah as it stands I really don't need them. I used to have a few but had a clear out a while ago and there was no point in buying any new ones until I really need them.
    I have a couple of polo shirts with collars for the record. But an actual proper shirt isn't something I would ever wear in my free time, even on nights out, pretty much T-shirts only. I do have a few T-shirts with buttons, a good fitting makes me look smart enough.

14. thestrangequark

thestrangequark Admiral Admiral

I genuinely thought my wardrobe was excessive until reading this thread.

15. Amaris

Amaris Guest

I have 11 t-shirts, 2 button down shirts, and a sweatshirt that I keep... somewhere.

16. Asbo Zaprudder

Asbo Zaprudder Admiral Admiral

[yt]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vziUC1IT0wo[/yt]

because somebody had to...

17. jaz'a

jaz'a Vice Admiral Admiral

Wow. I could probably go two weeks without doing any washing. I've considered that to be 'too many' clothes. I guess I'm not too bad considering the numbers some people are putting up.

18. Mr. Laser Beam

Mr. Laser Beam Fleet Admiral Admiral

I have a couple dozen T-shirts, mostly with a Yankees or Mets motif but a few non-baseball ones as well.

I also have a few collared/pocketed shirts, because as I get older I have found that I actually care about dressing up when I fly (plus as I visit Canada a lot, I need a convenient place to keep my passport).

19. Robert Maxwell

Robert Maxwell memelord Premium Member

I have a couple dozen shirts hung up and at the ready at all times, generally.

20. Tora Ziyal

Tora Ziyal Vice Admiral Admiral

Twenty-one tops (shirts, tees, pullover sweaters, etc.) of various types and seasons.