How do you dress?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by sidious618, Jun 7, 2010.

1. sidious618

sidious618 Admiral Admiral

The recent "Your appearance" thread brought this to mind. That thread seemed more concerned with whether you're secure with your weight, features etc as opposed to clothes which is what I was wondering about. How do you people dress?

I always like to wear nice clothes (well from my perspective, at least). By nice I don't mean dress clothes. I wear t-shirts but I want them to be cool t-shirts that I'm happy to wear. When I go shopping it takes me like one hour to pick one shirt. :lol: Even if I'm not going anywhere I still wear clothes I really like because it makes me feel good.

So how about you guys? What do you wear and how do you rock it?

2. Rek

Rek Commander Red Shirt

I have two pairs of shoes. A few sweaters, t-shirts and jeans and I switch between them depending on the weather. Either I go out as basic(Grey shirt, Grey pants) or androgynous(one of my funky sweaters, brown/light Grey pants).

That is all. :techman:

3. Canadave

Canadave Vice Admiral Admiral

Nothing too special, usually. I'm generally happy in a pair of cargo pants and a t-shirt, polo shirt, or rugby shirt, anything along those lines. Casual and comfortable, but not sloppy either.

4. Ríu ríu chíu

Ríu ríu chíu Fleet Admiral Admiral

Mr. Laser Beam is in the Confederation of Earth
    I don't "rock" anything.

I basically wear the same things all the time. Black Dockers pants, plus a sweatshirt (if it's cold) or T-shirt (if warm). That's it.

You want to know how I usually dress? Check out my photo album right here. That's how I look all the time.

5. StarryEyed

StarryEyed Commodore Commodore

Shorts and T-shirts - pretty-much what everyone in the Keys wears. We're pretty casual down here! :lol:

6. TheBrew

TheBrew Vice Admiral Admiral

To give you an idea, today I wore a blue plaid button up long sleeve shirt, sleeves rolled up and top two buttons undone, Levi 505s, Converse Slip Ons, my Sprout Watch and my necklace.

So jeans, sneakers and a button up shirt is my style.

7. sidious618

sidious618 Admiral Admiral

That's a good look. :techman:

8. Ashu

Ashu Vice Admiral Admiral

Half dressier clothes, but still fairly casual, and the other half the time casual but still nice.

9. Brent

Brent Admiral Admiral

i dress like i just don't care, nothing matches, baggy, and out of date... my sister says i have no fashion sense, to that i just say, i don't care, i wear what is comfortable, who cares what other people think about my clothes... i don't buy into that whole status by what you wear crap... wear what you want to wear i say, if that is an anime costume or a starfleet uniform, so be it

10. auntiehill

auntiehill The Blooness Premium Member

I usually wear dressy casual--nice dark jeans, or khakis, a bright top with a nice design or nice cut, comfy shoes (but not sneakers or flip-flops) and only a single necklace for jewelry.

My favorite place to shop for clothes is Coldwater Creek, but I usually have to wait for a sale, or just get one thing at a time.

11. Kestra

Kestra Admiral Premium Member

I used to be pretty dressy for work, but since I gave that up and started school again I've been pretty casual. My tastes vary quite a bit. I like quirky t-shirts and jeans, cutesy dresses, things with ruffles here or there, or occasionally something a bit darker. I've definitely started dressing a lot more stereotypically feminine in the past few years.

If left entirely to my own devices I probably would've dressed goth when younger.

12. JonathonWally

JonathonWally Admiral Admiral

You missed out when you decided not to buy that red blazer at H&M. You rocked that hardcore.

13. Omnius

Omnius Vice Admiral Admiral

Woodland camouflage pattern (British DPM-95) pants and shirt, complemented with black boots and a blue baret.

14. Mr. B

Mr. B Vice Admiral Admiral

Jeans, t-shirt and an unbuttoned collared dress(y) shirt over that... like this.

15. Shazam!

Shazam! Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I pretty much dress the same for every occassion which is kinda strange when people from work see me outside of work wearing the same clothes.

Short-sleeve shirts, brown/grey slacks, tan web belt, off-white Converse hi-tops (fuck the 10th Doctor - I was there first)...

Depending on the weather, add either a dark blue blazer or black 3/4 winter coat.

I fell out with t-shirts about 3 years ogo. Flimsy pieces of cotton with stupid patterns/logos on the front just don't do it for me anymore. I'm also not Bruce Springsteen and therefore not cool enough to rock any denims.

16. Goji

Goji Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

They make me wear a suit and tie to work, but after I get there I change into sports clothes to teach class. It always ends up getting physical. Outside of work, I wear a lot of polo shirts and hiking pants. Sometimes t-shirts, though rarely. And I sleep in soft cotton nightwear.

17. Hermiod

Hermiod Admiral Admiral

Shirt (usually untucked), jeans, walking shoes.

If it's winter I'll wear a t-shirt under the shirt and leave a couple of buttons undone like this guy.

18. Amaris

Amaris Fleet Admiral Admiral

I usually wear a t-shirt, jeans and running shoes.

19. Servo

Servo Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Usually just wear t-shirts with either jeans or 3/4 length shorts, depending on the weather. I wear Converse shoes too.

20. jamestyler

jamestyler Commodore Commodore

When at work I like to wear something that'll annoy people. My recent favourite has been finding the most hideous shirt I can and wearing it with a suit. Though when trying to dress nice at work I'll throw in a nice unbuttoned shirt and t-shirt into the mix.

The rest of the time... I don't care. I'll pick the first things I find, which is usually camo trousers and a t-shirt. Today I've even found a hoodie on the floor to keep me warm.