Homeland (spoilers)

Discussion in 'TV & Media' started by Seven of Five, May 31, 2012.

1. Seven of Five

Seven of Five Stupid Sexy Flanders! Premium Member

I'm a bit late to the party, but I just finished watching the last three episodes of Homeland on Sky+. I've watched six episodes over the last two days as I eventually became very drawn into it. Has anyone else been enjoying it?

The cliffhanger was a total doozie, and it left me wondering just how they were going to approach season two. Carrie won't be back working for the CIA, so what role will she have? Some sort of gritty rehabilitation? Perhaps an eventual endgame with her exposing Brodie and being taken back on? Or maybe some sort of 24 time-jump where things are resolved unsatisfactorily off screen? Well not so much the last one, I hope.

I felt so bad for Carrie as she remembered the key information about Abu Nazir's son, just at the shock therapy was about to begin. A tiny bit (in)convenient for the sake of drama, but very well played.

Brodie is a total bastard for continually pushing her towards insanity. Sure, a guy's gotta keep his true motives concealed, but he lets her think that she is a total nutjob for harrassing him and his family, when she's been right all along. And even though I didn't like how she scared Brodie's kid by dropping in to casually tell her he was a terrorist; the moment it led to with her on the phone with her Dad, asking him if he'd be coming home, was priceless.

Lots of brilliant acting throughout that left me shouting out at the TV, clenching my fists, and biting my lip. Maybe not all at the same time. Clare Danes, Damien Lewis and Mandy Patinkin were partcularly engrossing.

I think the show has some parallels with 24, which I thought would happen with some 24 writers thrown into the mix! There was a lot of tension throughout the season, with plenty of twists to keep me on my toes. Not everything was perfect, but it was like 24 graduated to cable, with all of the wonderful things that happen to a show when they are nurtured and taken seriously. I hope this show doesn't end up going all the way down that road though, as 24 was like a parody of itself by the time it finished.

2. Shurik

Shurik Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I loved the first season, waiting for the second.

Turns out the Baghdad scenes for the second season are filmed in Israel, in Jaffa to be exact (I'm not sure where those scenes were filmed in the season). They filmed here couple of weeks ago - Mandy Patinkin and Claire Danes were here.

3. auntiehill

auntiehill The Blooness Premium Member

I love Mandy, but he tends to bail on all of his shows.

I might Netflix this one.

4. Dorian Thompson

Dorian Thompson Admiral Admiral

I love Homeland. I have to watch it online because I can't afford premium cable, but no matter. It's intriguing, compelling, addicting and superbly acted. Psychologically tense--what more could you ask for?

Brodie. :scream: Get him, Carrie. Get him!!

5. Seven of Five

Seven of Five Stupid Sexy Flanders! Premium Member

There had been many tense moments throughout the season, but I think I held my breath for the whole of the last episode. :D