Highlander - I totally called it

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by backstept, Aug 25, 2008.

1. backstept

backstept Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

2. Skywalker

Skywalker Admiral Admiral

Ooo, interesting. I thought they'd go for a younger actor, but McKidd is excellent. This could be very cool...

3. Subjective

Subjective Captain Captain

If that's who they're going with, I'm now really interested!

4. God Magnus

God Magnus Commodore Commodore

A world where criminals operate above the law...
    I'm not familiar with his work, but he definitely has a similar look that Chris Lambert had in the first movie. The HL formula is actually quite simple, but it's been done wrong so many times it amazes me. I hope they get it right this time. :)

5. JoeZhang

JoeZhang Vice Admiral Admiral

This is a mistake, he can speak with a Scottish accent, so should have played Ramírez.

6. Nedersong

Nedersong Captain

Another rewrite again?

Damn, they've been rewriting all Highlander stuff since the second movie.

7. ManOnTheWave

ManOnTheWave Vice Admiral Admiral

That could be cool. I just hope they use him well. He was great in Rome and laughably bad in The Last Legion. The again, The Last Legion was laughably bad.

8. God Magnus

I actually think it's more of a relaunch. All previous Highlanders (with the possible exception of "Vengeance") were tied to the first movie in some way, shape or form. This looks like a fresh start to the franchise.

9. backstept

backstept Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I find the Highlander premise to be immensly fascinating, but in my opinion the movies and the tv shows were never good enough for such a unique premise

I love McKidd in Journeyman, and I hope this version of Highlander does itself justice and turns out to be really good

10. Captaindemotion

Captaindemotion Admiral Admiral

Agreed. Vincent Cassell should be McCloud. :p

11. EnsignRicky

EnsignRicky Commodore Commodore

The original was a classic. As far as I'm concerned, there can be only one.

12. Solariabsg25

Solariabsg25 Commodore Commodore

Oh don't talk daft, everyone knows Jean Reno should be McCloud!! :)

Actually, I'm looking forward to this, if doing a total reboot, they can change the premise to allow sequels to exist, rather than tack-on something that let's face it was a self-contained story. Be like the suits going to Cameron and saying "Hey, we got a great idea, TITANIC II"

13. Skywalker

The only part of the premise that needs to be changed is that the movie is set during the Gathering. Just make the movie like the series, where the Gathering is still a far-off and nebulous myth, and they'll be all set.

14. Procutus

Procutus Admiral Admiral

I tend to agree, but I'll be interested to see where this goes, since it does look like a complete re-imagination, without attempting to latch on to any of the pre-existing continuities.

15. Lapis Exilis

Lapis Exilis Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

A complete reboot going back to the bare basics of the original premise could really be interesting. Unlike everything that's been spawned by the original movie...

16. zenophite

zenophite Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I think McKidd should be used for something better than a Highlander reboot - I'm a big fan of the original but few properties have been so poorly developed as the Highlander franchise.

17. cardinal biggles

cardinal biggles A GODDAMN DELIGHT Moderator

MacLeod! It's MacLeod!

McCloud is this guy: [​IMG]

18. God Magnus

Totally agree. This should not be the "final big bad fight(tm)". It should be a story of the villain catching up to him in the present (NO post-apocalyptic future PLEASE) and lots of history between the two. Toss in a romance angle and some great sword fights and the formula is complete. It's really quite simple.

19. Durek

Durek Commander Red Shirt

The series was good. It's what hooked me to Highlander.

20. Skywalker

Yep, same here. I think I'd seen the original movie at least once before then (I was only eight when the series started in 1992), but it was the series that got me into Highlander. That's probably why I'm more of a Duncan fan than a Connor fan (I know, blasphemy! :lol:).

I was reading over at the Highlander message board, and someone suggested that Adrian Paul play Ramirez in the remake. That could be interesting. Paul is pushing fifty, and he does kind of resemble Sean Connery...