Hi-Res cast photos anywhere?

Discussion in 'Star Trek: Deep Space Nine' started by M'rk son of Mogh, May 3, 2008.

1. M'rk son of Mogh

M'rk son of Mogh Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Hello there!

There's a chance I will be getting the opportunity to meet Avery Brooks later this month at a convention.

I go to them often, and have WAY too many (not that I regret getting any of them!) autographs of "celebs", but none from DS9, mostly from the other Treks. I know they always have solo pictures to sign, but I was thinking instead of getting how many individual images signed (I'm hoping this is the first of many DS9 actors I can meet), I'd print up a good hi-res later season cast photo and get that signed by the individual actors as I met them. Hopefully Mr. Brooks won't be the last actor I meet!!

Can anyone direct me? Google searches don't turn up many usable images, I'm discovering.

Thanks for the help!!

2. KirkPicard

KirkPicard Captain Captain

I would recommend trekcore.com for their comprehensive library of Trek images, wallpaper, scans, screencaps, etc. Just FYI, my girlfriend and I just attended the "Chiller Expo" today in Parsippany, NJ. There were an array of television and movie alumni, among them Robert Picardo, Armin Shimerman, and the Emissary himself, Avery Brooks. In a seemingly interminable line to the main autograph floor, Mr. Picardo waded through the masses to reach the men's room. He glibly remarked that he would be, "signing in the bathroom for the next 5 min." As he exited, attempting to bypass cutting through a line, he muttered, "pay no attention to the hologram along the wall" Once we reached the entrance, we approached Mr. Brooks, who was quite amiable with every fan. He signed and personalized a photo op of the two of us from a previous Creation con and complimented my girlfriend, noting that "you have good taste in women." Needless to say, she repeated that exchange the remainder of the day. We then proceeded to Armin Shimerman who was in the midst of a lengthy conversation with a fan ahead of us. He was likewise engaging with us once we greeted him. "Personally, what was your favorite TV role?" I inquired, for lack a better question. He replied, his voice a whisper, "Buffy" Overall, we were pleased to have ample time to interact with each guest rather than being processed through a line during an alloted block of scheduled time. The prices for both autographs amounted to $45 which would be the equivalent of one of the two actors that signed for us at a Creation con, personalizations excluded. However, there were no professional photo ops offered and Mr. Brooks had a sign posted that no posed photographs were permitted. Anyway, I hope you enjoy your future con with Avery and be prepared to be impressed!

3. M'rk son of Mogh

Wow, great site!! Talk about screencaps!

Unfortunately, I couldn't fine any cast photos, but I'll keep looking, I'm sure they're there somewhere.

And that sounds like you had a fantastic time meeting everybody! I can't wait, the convention I'm going to is in two weeks. I'm really glad to hear they were so friendly, every so often you hear horror stories about certain cast members (I'm sure sitting at a convention for how many hours signing your name has GOT to take some sort of toll on your emotional state by the end!!).

Thank you very much for the tip and stories!! :)

4. M'rk son of Mogh

Well, this is what I put together today.

The centre image still isn't up to the quality that I'm wanting, but it might do if I don't find any better scans or images.

Can't believe how large the supporting cast is, it took a bit to decide who I wanted on the sides.

(The side images were from trekcore, GREAT site, thanks again, KirkPicard!!)

[​IMG]

5. KirkPicard

KirkPicard Captain Captain

No problem, M'rk, son of Mogh and well done on that collage!

6. Bill Morris

Bill Morris Commodore Commodore