Heroes 3x23 "1961" Discuss and Grade

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Dream, Apr 13, 2009.

?

Grade the episode

1. Excellent

21.4%
  2. Above Average

39.3%
  3. Average

21.4%
  4. Below Average

10.7%
  5. Poor

7.1%
  1. Dream

Dream Admiral Admiral

2. Dream

Dream Admiral Admiral

3. Daneel

Daneel Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Pretty good episode. Some nice continuity nods, even though I'm not entirely sure everything fits perfectly (but I don't think anything is outright contradictory to established history, so it's probably okay).

We get some insight into how the founding members of the Company came together, as well as more background on Angela, which is an intriguing diversion for an episode, but I'm looking forward to the main storyline resuming next week -- especially since it's finally starting to capture my interest! Flashback episodes can work, and this one mostly does, but (and this may just be a personal preference) I think it's better when they don't come so late in the season, not when the main arc is only a couple of weeks away from (presumably) being resolved. But this is a minor quibble. All in all, this is still much better stuff than we've been getting for most of the season.

4. Dorian Thompson

Dorian Thompson Admiral Admiral

"But you blew it."

Fuck you, Claire. So enamored and forgiving with Nathan who started the whole mess but not a kind word for Noah. :rolleyes: She is such a worthless ungrateful brat. I can't stand her.

5. SG-17

SG-17 Commodore Commodore

Wait is the black guy Charles Deveaux?

6. Dorian Thompson

Yes, I believe he's supposed to be Simone's father. However, he was older than Angela. I think they should have cast someone who looks more early 30ish. He looks like a kid. If Angela turned 16 in 1961, that means she's turning 64 this year. Deveaux looked to be about 80. I like the actress they cast as young Angela, and the "we aren't communists" remark. Very typical of the mindset then. Afraid of communism. Still trusting the government.

7. Dorian Thompson

:wtf: :wtf: :wtf: :wtf: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

DEAR GOD. WAS THAT.....WAS THAT.....COULD IT HAVE BEEN.....A FEW MOMENTS OF CHARACTER INTERACTION BETWEEN PETER AND NATHAN?????

I think they implied some hostility on Nathan's side. Could it be.....anger at getting shot? :eek: :eek:

Nooooooo, no way. :lol: That would imply some continuity of script. Like someone else was at the helm, someone different than before. That scene--made sense.:alienblush: On Heroes. Norman, coordinate.

8. Gertch

Gertch Admiral

I wonder if this episode was written by the other team. It's lagging.

9. SG-17

SG-17 Commodore Commodore

While the teenagers are away, the guards will play.

10. mswood

mswood Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Hopefully it was some anger about being hunted down and killed. Sorry Dorian but that trumps getting shot every single day of the week.

11. Dorian Thompson

Anger is seldom rational. Anger would at least make what Nathan did make some semblance of sense on an emotional reactionary level.

12. Lt. Trull

Lt. Trull Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Mining colony Sol Asteroid belt, Sol System
    wow... sis's ability is better then that guy who makes u forget him.

13. melancholymecha

melancholymecha Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I loved the last scene of everyone eating together & talking. I loved these last few character focused episodes.

I cant beleive they are gonna reform the company though. And yeah I think theyve all forgiven Nathan just a little too quickly...weird.

14. Caligula

Caligula Vice Admiral Admiral

That was fantastic. I hope Season 3's final two episodes will be as excellent as this one.

15. Dorian Thompson

Alice felt responsible because of the chain reaction and stayed there alone all those years? Now that is one sad story. I can understand being afraid you'd hurt people if your emotions were tied to turbulent weather. I can't buy that Angela would be copacetic about leaving. Hire someone to search for her.

Fuller is trying pretty hard to tidy things up. I give him credit. He's giving us more Petrelli family and brotherly interaction, which is what I've been begging for all along. I can't complain, and I like that Noah was included at the family table. That's only right.

Oh absolutely it's too quick. Fuller doesn't have enough time left to flesh out the story so he's going too quickly on the damage control. It's a Herculean task repairing Heroes at this point so I'll cut him some slack. He even made Claire seem bearable towards the end of the episode.

16. The Habs Fan

The Habs Fan Commodore Commodore

Above Average

It may be too early to say this: but Heroes is back. Still not as good as Season 1 (it probably never will be), but adequate.

17. melancholymecha

melancholymecha Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

BTW I loved the explanation for those damn socks! I almost got a lil teary eyed. :(

18. The Habs Fan

The Habs Fan Commodore Commodore

Yeah, I liked that too.

19. Gertch

Gertch Admiral

Damn, I must have missed the spirit of this episode. I thought it dull and boring except the end scene.

20. Mr Light

Mr Light Admiral Admiral

Great episode. I wish there was more flashback as I found them intensely interesting for showing the origin of the Company. Too bad we didn't see more old characters like Kaito or Arthur or Poppa Parkman or the miscellaneous founders killed by Kensei in S2. The socks explanation was very cool. So what exactly was Devereux's power? Mental manipulation? Reality manipulation?