Here There Be Dragons: Doctor Who/Big Bang Theory

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction' started by Trippy, Oct 1, 2011.

1. Trippy

Trippy NaNoWriMo Victim Admiral

No, not a Star Trek fanfic, but the only place to post this for anyone who is interested in a. my writing and b. where I've been lately :lol:

Link: Here There Be Dragons

So, with this mammoth fanfic finished and posted, I should be around more :)

2. The Badger

The Badger Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

As a Doctor Who fan my entire life, and someone who has recently discovered the joys of The Big Bang Theory, I thought I'd give this a look. I have to say I'm not a fan of 'ship fiction in general, and the present tense prose was a little off putting at first. However I persevered and I'm glad I did. It's well written, with accurate dialogue: I could 'hear' the actors saying the lines throughout.

Overall, enjoyable and rather sweet. :)

3. Trippy

Trippy NaNoWriMo Victim Admiral

Thanks!

I went with present tense subjective POV to help the reader 'experience' the narrative as it happens. It's a technique used to draw the reader into that action, especially with the action flipping back and forth in time and perspective.

Thanks again for the feedback! :techman:

4. P0sitr0nic

P0sitr0nic Vice Admiral Admiral

Yeah, watching BBT ive never seen a Sheldon/Penny vibe, but im massively enjoying the story so far!

{edit} Finished it... I love the thing! I could totally read the entire thing in their voices. And I did.

Last edited: Oct 13, 2011