Here it is - no bloody "A", "B" "C" or "D"

Discussion in 'Star Trek Movies: Kelvin Universe' started by Admiral Buzzkill, Nov 11, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Franklin

Franklin Vice Admiral Admiral

Well, design changes were inevitable. We all knew that, and it fueld a lot of threads over the past few months. So, I'm judging this Enterprise out of universe. It's better than ENT-B or ENT-C, might be a push with the TV ENT, but it won't remove ENT-A from being my wallpaper. Still the class of the field. (Even if the engines have the tailfins of a 1960s Cadillac.)

2. Rabittooth

Rabittooth Commander Red Shirt

Whether or not she's true to the original or not , you must admit...she's a gorgeous ship.

-Rabittooth

3. 22 Stars

22 Stars Commodore Commodore

slide the neck forward and it's fine. Maybe the whole primary hull assembly and neck shift forward when it goes to warp!

4. Squiggy

Squiggy FrozenToad Admiral

You are aware what this is...aren't you?

5. Admiral Buzzkill

Admiral Buzzkill Fleet Admiral Admiral

Doesn't work for you. Works fine for me, and apparently for quite a few others.

The ship "didn't really look like" anything. The ship didn't really exist, and never will.

6. RAMA

RAMA Admiral Admiral

I didn't really think so, but if soo many people think the new ship looks like the Ambassador Class, then so be it, that's my favorite starship of all time!

RAMA

7. Cyke101

Cyke101 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Thanks for that, mate.

Now, seeing the ship in this view, my only real problem is that I think the neck (and therefore the saucer) should be moved forward towards the deflector just a bit more. But other than that, I agree with a few others, it looks like a transition between TOS and TMP.

I wonder if the tops of the nacelles (by the bussard collectors) get destroyed, making way for a more TOS-style nacelle design. Frankly, the silver lids look a little extraneous, as if they were *meant* to be discarded. The rest of the nacelle design in the image looks pretty faithful.

8. Mr. B

Mr. B Vice Admiral Admiral

I would agree that would make the ship considerably more tolerable. It would also solve the "problem" of the nacelle tips being to ridiculously close to the primary hull. I could be wrong but the proportions between the primary and secondary hull look far too skewed, the sauser section looks too big my comparison.

Again, I could be wrong, but it looks like the nacelle pylons slope forward, which isn't cool.

9. Neumann

Neumann Captain Captain

Well we'll see, it's true that if they push the "neck" forward it would look twice as good!

10. Ryan Thomas Riddle

Ryan Thomas Riddle Writer and occasional starship commander Premium Member

Yeah, the angle is not flattering just like some of the angles on the ENT-D.

11. trevanian

trevanian Rear Admiral

You can sure tell it is Eaves from the Excelsior-love with the engineering hull being so extreme toward the bottom and back. The front of the engineering hull looks like the TOS version trying to emerge from an ugly looking trap (like j1 and j2 in los flick?)

I dislike it a lot designwise (the deco lines on the saucer were among my least favorite parts of the refit), but at least it is rendered in a very photo-realistic way, so that offsets a lot of my (already anticipated) displeasure.

12. Franklin

Franklin Vice Admiral Admiral

I'd captain her.

13. James Bond

James Bond Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

14. Capn Flukie

Capn Flukie Fleet Admiral Admiral

I like it a lot, yep. :)

15. LavianoTS386

LavianoTS386 Admiral Admiral

I just wish the engineering hull was pushed back more

16. DontFeedPhil

DontFeedPhil Fleet Captain

I like it. I like Gabes version better but this will do. And I too think that those sheaths over the top of the nacelles are going to get blown off somehow. Maybe from Scotty pushing the Enterprise too hard?
    Im amazed that no one has whipped up a quick 3-d model based on the pic. WTF?

17. dave_R_treker

dave_R_treker Captain Captain

As a ship goes, it looks great. As the original Enterprise, doesn't look like it. It looks more like the refit verson too much. The nacals and the main deflector dish looks nothing like the original.

18. Tom Servo

Tom Servo Commodore Commodore

19. Admiral Buzzkill

Admiral Buzzkill Fleet Admiral Admiral

That looks pretty cool.

20. Agent Richard07

Agent Richard07 Admiral Admiral

Looks like the Enterprise-A saucer placed on a new secondary hull. Love the new nacelles.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.