Have you ever cried or got emotional over a bad movie or character?

Discussion in 'TV & Media' started by Jayson1, Dec 26, 2017.

1. Jayson1

Jayson1 Fleet Admiral Admiral

What made me think of this was because I rewatched "Philidalphia" the other day and cried at then end and I have also cried mny times as well such as "My Girl" or "TItantic" or Spock in "Wrath of Khan." Has there ever been a movie though were you felt these kind of emotions even if the movie most likely wasn't worth or or the character? I can think of a fee examples.

1 When Joey choose Pacey over Dawson on "Dawson's Creek." Only reason I was watching the show was because TBS was having marathons and at the time I had no cable or dvd player. I sort of got sucked into the show and even though I didn't cry it bothered me for a few days after. Okay it still bothers me.:rofl:

2 Micheal Myers killing Danny Trejo in Rob Zombies "Halloween." He was kind of cool to him so why did he get killed. By a tv over the head to make it worst or at least that is how I think it went down.

3 guard watching over Steven Seagal in "Under Siege" while he is was locked up in the freezer. He had a almost innocent puppy dog look about him and Seagal is talking to him, and insulting him a little yet he didn't deserve to die by being shot in the back by a henchmen.

Jason

2. Mr. Laser Beam

Mr. Laser Beam Fleet Admiral Admiral

I cried during the first Pokémon movie. :wah:

3. Gary Mitchell

Gary Mitchell Fleet Admiral Admiral

4. Velocity

Velocity Vice Admiral Admiral

Nope, I don't think I ever did. But I'm old and my memory is crap.

5. CorporalClegg

CorporalClegg Fleet Admiral Admiral

Attack of the Clones made the whole world weep.

J.T.B. and Vger23 like this.
  6. Orac

Orac Fleet Admiral Admiral

Every episode of Doctor Who produced by Russell T Davies.

7. Vger23

Vger23 Vice Admiral Admiral

I actually shed a tear when little Anikin left his mother in The Phanton Menace...thinking about what this innocent boy's future would be.

I think that qualifies as crying over a bad movie and/or character.

8. gblews

gblews Vice Admiral Admiral

I teared up at the end of "The World According to Garp", years ago. Garp was a pretty bad movie. Part of the reason I got so emotional at the end of the movie was because of the book. At the end of the book, after the main character's untimely death, every character's life after thei death was briefly chronicled right up to each of the surviving characters' deaths. It was quite moving. Think Six Feet Under series finale.

I think I was thinking and feeling what the book made me feel as I watched that goofy looking little baby foat in the air over the closing credits.

9. Kirk's_Tights

Kirk's_Tights Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I cried three times during Sailor Moon (the best show ever):
    -When Neflite dies. Just why? WHYYYYYYYYY??
    -When Darien almost dies after Zoisite stabs him.
    -The last episode, at the very end, just knowing that's it, no more episodes.

I cry watching any movie where an animal gets hurt or dies.

I cry when I am forced to watch any Nicolas Cage movie because he's such a terrible actor.

10. Jayson1

If your a big fan of crying I suggest Ricky Gervais show "Derek." I think I literally cried in ever single episode.

Jason

11. Mr. Laser Beam

Mr. Laser Beam Fleet Admiral Admiral

I hope you've never seen Watership Down... :wah:

12. Kirk's_Tights

Kirk's_Tights Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I did, and I was a young child.

Scarred to this day.

13. Hugo Rune

Hugo Rune Vice Admiral Admiral

Though it has some troublesome ethics wrapped around it, the core of About Time (the father/son relationship) utterly destroys me every time I watch it. Gleeson and Nighy nail that dynamic and when it falls apart, so do I.

Hugo - First film he cried at in front of Mrs Rune

14. JirinPanthosa

JirinPanthosa Admiral Admiral

Probably. Though I'm having trouble thinking of stuff I genuinely consider bad that I watched enough episodes of to get to an emotional part. I got emotional at the end of Voyager's Endgame, but not sure I'd quite call that 'Bad'.

15. Serial thread killer

Serial thread killer Vice Admiral Premium Member

Ok I know I'm sad but got a little upset when sir Anthony Strallan left Lady Edith at the altar and also when Berite Pelham walked away from Edith on Downton abbey.

16. JirinPanthosa

JirinPanthosa Admiral Admiral

When sitcoms jerk you around with years long will they/won't they stuff and ad infinitum relationship false starts I tend to feel more annoyed at the sense of being manipulated than I do emotional.

It's not the manipulative melodrama that gets me so much as portrayals of people being in horrible pain or despair and then escaping that pain or despair. Like the end of The Quickening makes me emotional.

17. matthunter

matthunter Admiral Admiral

It was a crap movie but I was a kid when I saw Knight Rider 2000 and I was quite affected by the death of Devon - ambushed, knocked out and then killed by poison without regaining consciousness after the bad guys read his mind to see what evidence FLAG had on them.

18. Jayson1

I recall this made for tv movie I watched once when I was a kid were the parents had their babies switched at the hospital and years later the truth came out and the families had to swap kids again but the kids had grown up enough they had become part of those families. I recall crying during that movie alot as a kid.

Jason

19. Gepard

Gepard Vice Admiral Admiral

A buddy and I do semi-regular bad movie nights, and one time we picked the live action Gem and the Holograms. It was indeed bad, but I got to crying pretty hard during the scene where the main character finds the holographic message from her dad. Like, nothing up to that point made any sense but the message was sweet and sincere and the main actress acted the hell out of it.

20. PureCrimson

PureCrimson Commander Red Shirt

The only crying I usually do for bad movies is from laughter.