Has Been

Discussion in 'General Trek Discussion' started by egonbeeblebrox, Oct 4, 2007.

1. egonbeeblebrox

egonbeeblebrox Commander Red Shirt

Has anyone listened to this? Shatner's album from a couple years ago? I recently got it and was fairly amazed with it. "Together" has quickly become one of my favorite songs, and, really, I don't think there's a stinker in the bunch. I was honest to God shocked with how decent it was. I bought it expecting a novelty album, and, yeah, he definitely buys into that, being Shatner, but a LOT of it is really good, both musically and lyrically.

[Sorry if I missed a post about this, or put it in the wrong section. Fairly new.]

2. Harvey

Harvey Admiral Admiral

The last song, "Real," though I admire it in what Shatner wanted to say, doesn't do anything for me.

The rest of the album, though, is fantastic, and keep in mind that The Transformed Man is a source of endless hilarity among close friends and I. I really like "Common People" and "I Can't Get Behind That."

3. Proximity_Phaser

Proximity_Phaser Commander Red Shirt

Yep, "Has Been" is pretty good listening, and considering that Shat has this one under his belt (with mega help from Ben Folds, of course) it makes you wonder why he gets all the musical grief when Mr. Nimoy has murdered as many tunes without the redemption of a good album like "Has Been".

4. Duane

Duane Captain Captain

A friend commented to me that "Has Been" is a CD that really grows on you.

This friend is not a Trek fan at all, but quite into music. He said it was the best album of the year as far as he was concerned.

5. Messianni

Messianni Commodore Commodore

Likewise. I have a friend that loves "Has Been", but isn't into Star Trek at all. Then again, she's also a huge Ben Folds fan, but nonetheless. ;)

I really liked Has Been and own it. I honestly hope he produces another album eventually along the lines of this.

6. T'Cal

T'Cal Commodore Commodore

A friend lent it to me and it was fun to listen to...until I got to the song about The Shat finding his ex at the bottom of the pool. Then it got way creepy.