Harvey Keitel for new boss on The Office?

Discussion in 'TV & Media' started by jep316, Sep 2, 2010.

1. jep316

jep316 Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

2. PsychoPere

PsychoPere Vice Admiral Premium Member

Well, that's an... interesting idea. Can't say I would ever have expected the producers would want to head in that direction for an actor. If they can get him, and if the writers can get back up to speed after the lackluster previous season during this coming one, perhaps it'd turn out to be inspired.

3. C.E. Evans

C.E. Evans Admiral Admiral

I think Keitel is a versatile enough actor to do comedy--I seem to recall him doing comedic scenes in a movie, but I can't remember the specifics. Kinda reminded me of Robert DeNiro when he does comedy, IMO...

4. FordSVT

FordSVT Vice Admiral Admiral

He's in the new "Fockers" movie, he was funny when he did SNL. He's done a wide variety of work and character types, I don't think comedy would be a stretch, especially if they have him play the straight/hard-ass boss.

Well, if they're going to continue the series after S.C. leaves, bringing in a well-respected, big-name talent to headline the show is probably a good way to go about it.

5. Locutus of Bored

Locutus of Bored Yo, Dawg! I Heard You Like Avatars... In Memoriam

Gene Hunt working side by side with Dwight? I like it.

6. jep316

jep316 Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I'm still a newbie to The Office I heard all the buzz about over the years but really didn't get into it until I started watching Parks and Recreation,which was produced by the same people so since I enjoyed it I decided to give The Office a whirl.

So I caught up with all the episodes on the TBS Tuesday marathon,episodes in syndication on my local station and Hulu.so the lost of Carell is really a big deal for me because it's all new to me.

Saying that though I think Keitel could be a great ideal if he's played right,we don't want a Michael Scott clone(as said in the article)but having him play a retired salesman who really doesn't want to be there could be fun to,he'll probably just sit back and let the gang just run wild,I could see Jim say in a stunned reaction he can't believe that Michael was actually better in keeping things under controll.:guffaw:

7. Mr Light

Mr Light Admiral Admiral

I prefer the earlier rumor that Murray from Flight of the Conchords would be the new boss.

8. Ar-Pharazon

Ar-Pharazon Admiral Premium Member

Keitel played the Devil in Little Nicky, which was a strange comedy.

9. ialfan

ialfan Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Not interested. When Steve Carell leaves, I stop watching...end of story. Seven seasons of The Office is enough. It's already past it's prime as is.

10. RoJoHen

RoJoHen Awesome Admiral

The Office without Steve Carrell is just a waste of time. NBC needs to realize this and just aim for an awesome final season.

11. Mr Light

Mr Light Admiral Admiral

I think the real stars of the show are the secondary characters, not Michael Scott. I watch the show for Angela and Stanley and Andy and Creed.

12. Gen. Zod

Gen. Zod Lieutenant Red Shirt

I have to agree with this. I sometimes think I'm the only person that dislikes Michael Scott...I mean, I realize he's supposed to be unlikeable but even when he's portrayed in a sympathetic light, I can't stand the character.

13. Roger Wilco

Roger Wilco Admiral Admiral

I hate Michael with a passion, imo he's a gigantic asshole.

14. Pingfah

Pingfah Fleet Admiral Admiral

They should just bow out with dignity, don't do a Scrubs.

15. Mr Light

Mr Light Admiral Admiral

I like Michael (well, most of the time), I just think the background characters are funnier and more interesting. Creed's my favorite. He's so insane and creepy! They don't do enough with him.

16. FordSVT

FordSVT Vice Admiral Admiral

I don't think he's an asshole, he's an ignorant twit.

"Asshole" sounds too malignant. He's not intentionally mean, he's a dumb-ass.

17. Checkmate

Checkmate Commodore

No, he is an asshole. He schemes, plots, and attempts to destroy everyone around him he perceives as a threat. He's just an ignorant twat on top of that.

18. Roger Wilco

Roger Wilco Admiral Admiral

He is selfish in the extreme and he does deliberately hurt people. Sometimes he tries to correct his mistakes when he went too far over the top, but that doesn't stop him from doing the same things over and over again. That's beyond stupid and well into evil-territory imo.

19. Ar-Pharazon

Ar-Pharazon Admiral Premium Member

Like when he tried passing the "golden ticket" idea off on Dwight when he thought it was gonna get him fired.

The when it came off as a good thing, he took the credit right back.

20. RoJoHen

RoJoHen Awesome Admiral

I don't disagree about the secondary cast, but I just think the show would lose something without Michael Scott being there.